Where do you keep your yoyo collection? post pictures if you can

I spent the better part of 4 hours with @SpottedBanana today cursing, aligning and hanging my display boxes in my dining room. Getting boxes evenly spaced and level on a wall is a lot harder than it looks. These have been sitting in the spare bedroom for the past four months. Back is killing me but I’m really happy with how the room turned out.

49 Likes

Holy heck! Beautiful displays, beautiful collection and beautiful home! Wow man! Thanks for sharing!!

5 Likes

I dig the shadow boxes, reminds me of an old insect collection. It would be super time consuming, but it would be cool to have little name tag next to each yo-yo like a bug collection. Super clean.

6 Likes

Your chandelier seems like it’s got such a cool backstory to it!

6 Likes

I’m just curious what that stuff in the bottom right in front of the TV is…

1 Like

You’re too kind Curtis. We moved into the new house earlier this year and we’re thrilled to bits about it. The chandelier is designed my Ingo Maurer. It’s fun because you actually assemble it yourself and then you draw, decorate or sign the individual panels to make it your own. When we have family and friends over we invite them to decorate a paper panel. Over time the chandelier really becomes a special piece just for you.

@ryanmcg Here’s a shot of the TV area. The stormtrooper like things are Focal speakers that I bought with the house. (I’d never buy speakers that fancy, but it was sort of part of the deal.) The telescope by the window is a Celestron Evolution 8. Still learning how to use it but saw saturn last night which was really amazing.

15 Likes

Make sure to check out the moon tonight with that awesome telescope you got there! Supposed to be a Hunter’s Moon tonight

4 Likes

Nice telescope! Mine is not quite as nice.

7 Likes

Telescope doesn’t make the astronomer. I’m just starting out and learning, I’m sure you are way more knowledgeable than I!

4 Likes

The “storm troopers” (lol) are really cool, but that is even better. That sounds… I can’t think of an appropriate word—deeply enjoyable/relaxing/fascinating.

2 Likes

8 Likes

Just got this little display cabinet from someone on craigslist, works great to show off my modern throws. Still need to clean it up a little bit and I may paint it.

18 Likes

Updated by adding all the storage boxes for string and maintenance items (lube, extra bearings, side effects etc)

16 Likes

Nothing fancy. I REALLY need to get a case and a nice leather edc holster.

6 Likes

Picked up this keepsake shadowbox from Michael’s today and it’s a great fit for my collection!

17 Likes

My collection, here ya go:

9 Likes

i keep my collection and accesories in a cigar box

and then i keep homemade string and yoyos up on tacks on my quarckboard

7 Likes

I made a shelf for my Yoyos today :slight_smile:

17 Likes

I really want a shelf like this

2 Likes

Well I’m no carpenter and mine is far from perfect, but it wasn’t too hard to make!

2 Likes