Where do you buy your Yoyo stuff from locally?

On occasion Mastermind and Hobby and Toy will get something in.
I’m in Ontario Canada

2 Likes

I try to buy my stuff locally whenever I can.

The Store I patronize most is a little too far to walk or drive to, but they have no problem just mailing stuff to me.

I like to buy from Yoyoexpert, to help support the Great forum and choice of products they provide and offer to us.

From Southern California to Massachusetts is only 3055 miles, so orders are a piece a cake.

Mail Service makes YYE ‘local’ to me.

3 Likes

One Drop of course here in Eugene :grin:

2 Likes

We have a little shop in London in Camden town called “oddballs”, which is about jugglery in general, they have a couple of quite overprized Duncan and some chinese yoyos, went there couple of times because I was in the area, nothing special sadly, in terms of other jugglery they have great choices.

For me is all online, we have Yoyovillage in Uk which is pretty good or in case I use Yoyoexpert, the luck of the mail is that you can buy all over the world (even if sometimes custom fees or shipping cost are horrible) but would be nice to have something “in real life” where you can try the throw

1 Like

So far I haven’t found anywhere near me in central CT that sells yo-yos other than the standard, retail Duncan fare :pensive:

I haven’t been able to find anywhere in Southern California yet. Sometimes I’ll come across a shop that’s has a few very specific yoyo, but definitely wouldn’t classify them as somewhere I’d go to buy yo-yos.

Saw this at Ollie’s yesterday and thought of this thread. I heard of Ollie’s getting other yoyos before. Would be alot cooler if it was a YYF Whip or something.

5 Likes

I live near Tokyo so I have two stores very close to me. I go about once or twice a month to pick up new releases or strings.

3 Likes

If anyone knows any shops in Los Angeles, I’d love to know about them :yo-yo:

1 Like

I miss having an Ollie’s near me.

1 Like

When I’m visiting family in MA, it’s always either going to see YYE in person or going to A2Z! Wouldn’t have ever been into the hobby if it weren’t for Jack and A2Z!

Thought id bring this back instead of making a new thread. My friend just took this picture of a yoyo at goodwill. I looked up the brand. Never heard of it til now.

9 Likes

yeah sharper image is a generic lifestyle kind of company that makes literally everything you can think of, guess yo-yos are included now. all i have near me are big chain stores :broken_heart: target always has butterfly xts and hobby lobby actually had a whip last time i went!

4 Likes

Haha I never knew. Shame it couldn’t of been a better yoyo. My friend bought it and said “It went horribly” and that I can have it. I got my whip at hobby lobby last year after using a yomega for a month. Should of got something better sooner haha.

Just was thinking its crazy how experiences like that happen. Like if it was a whip maybe he’d be more interested in yoyoing now.

3 Likes

3.29 I would have bought that hunk of junk in a heart beat

1 Like

Haha I saw Dylan Kowalski reviewed it. The inside is really weird. Inside is spacers that are for the starburst and a transaxle bearing. Pretty beat haha it looks good on the outside though from the package. Deceiving.

2 Likes

you’ve really never heard of sharper image? lol

1 Like

I thought it was an eye glass company or something haha

1 Like

I had the same thought, but then I realized that I have not been in a Sharper Image store since ~2005. . .

1 Like

Yoyoexpert.

1 Like