When did you go unresponsive?

Good point, Schnayke! And I, too, enjoy the challenge of learning a single trick on tougher gear and taking long hours to do it. Kind of enjoying the fixed axle thing as much as the bearing and unresponsive yoyo thing. :wink:

Sure would like to know what that Tom Smothers “barrel rolls” is… love Tom Smothers…

i guess i went unresponsive when my renegade starbursts died out. i guess i learned a variation of a bind on a raider a few years earlier (y2k?). i never really ‘intended’ one of my yo-yo’s to be unresponsive until about 2005 though.

then by 2008 i was probably back to throwing about equally responsive/unresponsive. for the past few years, essentially all of my ‘cool and interesting’ [to me] tricks are intended for responsive yoyos.

i respectfully reject the notion that responsive = beginner and unresponsive = advanced.

1 Like

turns out its called atomic bomb now. :wink: Although there was a differnt ending on how I learned it, learned it on a fixed axle yoyo.

www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=ZasYv5BXQ2o

I went unresponsive after a couple weeks, but that’s just me. Everyone learns at a different pace.

I started yoyoing in middle school after I found a yoyojam patriot from a geocach. I didn’t know how to do binds so i would triple wrap the string around the bearing to make it responsive. ::slight_smile:
When I started yoyoing again last summer I immediately went unresponsive, because i knew my skill would improve faster this time around.

1 day after I started thanks to the old velocity.

I basically jumped right in! Not accounting for all my childhood tom foolery with responsive yoyos, of course :]

i went unresponsive when my raider couldnt do the tricks Andre was doing.
so about 2 weeks.

I’m necroing my own post. Faux pas? maybe…
Shortly after my op, both my maverick and metal drifters pads wore out. I had no choice but to bind. Caught on quick. I recently added a concave bearing and sili stickers to my metal Drifter and its so smooth. Now, waiting on a DM 2 I ordered as a treat. Glad I made the transition. Thanks for the tips ya’ll!

Day 1 for me.

My bro wanted to learn last night. I gave him a responsive FHZ so he could learn over/under mounts. After he got those down, I gave him an unresponsive FHZ and he learned to bind pretty quick. So… Day 1 for him too :smiley:

Just after When I learned matrix I started looking at unresponsives and after I placed my order and bought the Yoyo I was just finishing how to do buhdas revenge.

I went unresponsive in Advanced 1 when I bought a YYF Boss without knowing it was only unresponsive. Now I love it!

get a onestar!!! I went unresponsive on my first month with a whip

lol yoyos aren’t motorcycle or airplanes, no need to start on something lesser as a beginner. No reason you can’t learn just as well on a $100+ unresponsive yoyo as a responsive one. Never owned a responsive yoyo(other than a Yomega 10 years ago) and i turned out ok.

I agree. Infact I’m not sure my brother would have kept with a responsive. It seemed to frustrate him.

Co-signed.

1 Like

When they cleaned my bearing. :smiley:

I was responsive for about a month and then picked up a dm2…haven’t looked back since