When did you go unresponsive?

Expertly answered, mgiroux77!

-bpg

I forget exactly. I got stalled on the intermediate tricks because of the responsive yoyo preventing my progress. I spent about 2 weeks on a Reflex, some of that was waiting for my DM2 to arrive. I am thinking somewhere between 2-3 months in. It took me a good month to really get the bind decent, but I had it good enough in a week to keep moving. After that, it’s throw, do your trick(if you can) and then try to bind it back.

Everyone is different. Some people learn stuff quicker than others. Some people start off with unresponsive play, so the bind is a requirement to do anything. I prefer to start people with responsive play.

If you think you’re ready, you’re ready. Worse case is you think you’re ready, you’re not, so you just work a bit more and try again. It’s all good.

Been throwing loopers for years and years. Never really heard of unresponsive play until about a yet ago.

Same here. Another reason was because my friend said that responsive was for [babies] and then I got a DMII

I went unresponsive after my Yomega HyperWarp Heavy Wing’s response was worn out and I had to bind it

Same idea as LeftyLink, but with a Raider. Except, I didn’t learn binding as a way to keep me playing on the Raider; I was already aware of unresponsive 1A play and when the Raider went unresponsive and I couldn’t get it responsive again, I pulled the trigger on a DM2.

That was probably about a month and a half after “rediscovering” yoyo and discovering modern yoyo for the first time. I have no idea how you’ve made it 6 months!!

I can do magic drop just not consistently so I don’t count it and with ladder escape it just confuses me so I gave up after watching the tut a couple times I wish I was one of those people who can do something first try because usually I get agitated and give up

same here! haha your learning faster then i did! I am starting to make up my own tricks, and they are coming out great so far! Made a pretty texh black hops kinda thing!

So in otherwords, i said screw it to the rest of the yye tuts and am now making up my own tricks and using other websites.

But yeah, to the OP, you are so ready to go unresponsive!

haha that’s what I did ! I just hate watching tuts . I’m working on my own tricks right now and have come out with some cool chopstick stuffs :slight_smile:

Pretty much right away.

I first went unresponsive when the response pads on my Spintastics Great White Shark began to wear out, which was around 2002 I believe. That was my very first experience with unresponsive play, but it was not on purpose. I didn’t intentionally rig my yo-yos that way until sometime after JD won Worlds in 2003.

Well I started yoyoing in 1987, went unresponsive around 2006. So I say you need to wait 15+ years first. :wink:
No really just do what ever you want. There is no path. Be a pioneer.

Started responsive in 2001, then didn’t play for 12 years, and started back up unresponsive. Maybe i’ll go back to responsive someday, but it was too boring for me. I love the complex string tricks.

You can land complex string tricks on responsive yo-yos.

Absolutely true. Perhaps what Elluzion meant was, “string tricks involving many layers/wraps”. You can’t layer much in a responsive yoyo without it…er…responding!

Yeah I know this, but as GregP said, the complex string tricks with multiple layers/wraps start to become an issue. I’m always afraid doing string tricks because the yo always wants to bind and shoot back at me, and that is not very fun ha.

This video of me with a totaly stock raider begs to differ.  Its always your skill not he yoyo.  ;)  lol Not many tricks out there with even half that many string layers in the gap.

Doing more Lindy Loops than most people would expect doesn’t actually disprove the point. :wink: Still pretty impressive, though! And you’re not seriously telling me that it’s not an accomplishment to do what you did with a Raider (stock?)… the look on your face says otherwise! :slight_smile:

It’s a bit disingenuous to imply that you can do multiple layers that include hops, whips, slacks, etc, without issues on a Raider. “It’s always your skill”… if you want to dedicate months to landing a multiple-layer trick in a Raider (more than just some Lindy Loops, btw), I suppose you could eventually prove that it can be done (though not consistently reproducible or part of minutes-long combos). You won’t have haven’t proven that a wide-gap unresponsive modern yoyo wasn’t actually the better choice for that job.

As soon as I learned to bind. Which was pretty fast.

lol, it cool bud I was joking around.   Then again I am sure with a little time I could land that stuff on a raider as well.  

Remember I am from the time where it was not all that uncommon to spend years learning a single trick. So you’re implying spending a long time to learn a trick is just out of the question, but it isn’t really for me.
I once spent from 3rd grade till 8th learning a trick I was taught as “barrel rolls” by Tommy smothers. The trick he taught me I don’t think the community calls barrel rolls though.
I would get more fun out of landing those tricks on a harder yoyo to use, then a easyer one, so I don’t know if I would say a wide gapped yoyo is a better yo for the job. since the job to me is having fun.