first unresponsive yoyo, am I ready?

I feel like I am ready to move onto unresponsive yo-yo’s now. I have been yo-yoing a few weeks but I can already do intermediate tricks like trapeze, brain twister every try and then tricks like atomic bomb, split the atom, drop in the bucket fairly regularly. Does now seem like a good point to move onto unresponsive throws?

The 2 yo-yo’s I was thinking about getting to start were a c3yoyodesign Speedaholic and a YYF Reply Pro. The reviews I have read for these 2 yo-yo’s seem quite good. Is there anything else under $25 in addition to these someone can recommend?

I appreciate any help / advice anyone can give. Thanks!

I think it’s always a good time to move into unresponsive, so, sure you’re ready. I wouldn’t really recommend the Speedaholic, but the Replay Pro is fine. I’m partial to the YoYoJam Classic with silicone pads and a large bearing. If you want to try a metal, Magic Yoyos like the N12 Shark Honor can be had cheaply on auction sites and Chinese stores.

I think if you have to ask then you are ready.

By your description, I would say that you are ready to try unresponsive yoyoing. I don’t think there’s really a specific time to start playing unresponsive. As for the yoyo, I would highly recommend the YYF Replay Pro over the Speedaholic.

I started with unsresponsive. No better time than now to take the plunge!

I like the flipside $20

No, you are not ready… but then again, no one is truly ready when they start unresponsive. They think they are but it takes some time to get use to it. When I got my first unresponsive I thought I was ready, then I did a poor bind and on the next throw the yo-yo hit me in the face. :slight_smile:

Basically, go for it and have a blast. You will get there, just remember to always give yourself a test throw until you become proficient in your binds. Also, have a good excuse for why you have a black eye… other than “my yo-yo beat me up”. ;D