Whats your profession?

Man, that sounds like the Truman Show

Culinary manager at Bonefish Grill. I started working in restaurants (mostly kitchen) at the age of 14, so this job is my dream job next to owning my own business one day.

Been running a drill rig for the last 20 years. Prior to that odd jobs.

Yup a lot of that.

Calisthenics expert
Car Detailer

Iā€™m currently in school for a degree in international business.

Industrial water treatment plant operator

This job allows a surprisingly large amount of time for throwing. And reading ;D.

Mathematics professor. I am about to also teach a college course on blues guitar. And I am a playwright.

I am a highly trained channel surfer

What math do you teach?

bike courier, server, and studentā€¦

I teach all levels. Right now Iā€™m teaching a course on Logic, and a course on Abstract Algebra. Next semester Iā€™ll teach Calculus 2 and Topology. But Iā€™ve taught everything from College Algebra to Probability and Statistics.

Software Architect

When I saw this, I thought to myself, ā€œI build mud huts with my code.ā€ :wink:

Seriously, though. Mud huts.

:smiley:

Mud huts are engineering marvels. I mean they are houses built out of nothing but mud and straw.

1 Like

Can I just have your jobs? Those would be awesome to do. I love math and guitar.

Right now I go over and feed my neighbors dogs everyday for a little money

Iā€™m hoping that Ill be able to work at the local apple orchard this fall

Iā€™m not really sure what I want to do for a real job though but Iā€™m only 14 so I got a few years to think about it

How old are you?

I am 53 next month. And to respond to a couple of posts agoā€¦yeah, I love my job. University teaching and research gives me an opportunity to do what I want to every day. Itā€™s a great job.

Iā€™m a former USMC Infantry Mortarman that now works as a blacksmith. I special in forging exotic metals. I also make knives, like the one in my avatar.

Pictures of the metal I makeā€¦
Earrings for my wife.

And a knife that a very good friend made for me. I made the metal on the sides.

1 Like