What's your favorite Nylon string?

I found some old Kitty Nylon string at my parents’ place and I had almost forgot how much I liked it. I don’t think they make it anymore so I was wondering what’s the most similar string out there. Thanks everyone!

1 Like

If you want a nylon blend with extra steps, I recommend NYLON EVO

2 Likes

never tried any kitty nylon so i wouldn’t know, but i know A&A and yoyostringlab makes some good blends! those are just off the top of my head, i’m sure there are more

3 Likes

Zipline skyline is really good

3 Likes

Bad Wolfe used to make really good nylon strings. A&A is my current favorite.

1 Like

My favorites so far are all polyester core high nylon content blends made by Zipline:

G2 Diamond Blend - wish it were available in neon.
Skyline III - seems a little softer, thicker and stretchier.
Executive Class Lite - good option when thinner is needed, but is too short for me.

Expensive, but they last. They resist fraying and sticking to themselves (though I get some fuzzing near the finger loop).

Polyester core seems to prevent too much bouncy-ness (try Mazal Top if you want bounce).

3 Likes

I have enjoyed using the regular and thick markmont nylon strings this week. This is the only 100% nylon string I’ve used. Not sure if the kitty string you are referring to was 100% or a blend.

I’ve used yysl Nytro+ nylon/poly blend but felt they were tooo thick for me at that time and led to unexpected binds, I’ve wanted to try the regular Nitro strings, but have since moved on to the markmont string cult.

1 Like