What's your favorite bearing and why?

LOL I laughed so hard at this, dude you deserve some thumbs up for that inspirational quote. BEarings are parts in a yoyo, yoyos are parts in a hobby, we are parts in a giant universe. What is life? ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

(you probably didn’t mean it like this, but it was so funny that I had to reply)

It’s also a hilarious line from a… Wendy’s? KFC? commercial.

Very True. :smiley:

At the end of the day, each bearing does have it’s own differences and traits. Some Spin better, some spin longer; some are less responsive, some are more responsive; some are better for string tricks, some are better for whip/slack/hopping style tricks; some last longer, some have a shorter usability to them. Blah Blah Blah…You are right.

It’s all just speculation and personal opinion til you try all the different ones for yourself. How would you know you aren’t best with a Flat Bearing guy until you’ve tried a KonKaved Bearing??

The only truly…WITHOUT DOUBT “noticeable” difference. NIGHT AND DAY, mind you. The only noticeable difference between them all is probably actually the NSK’s compared to the rest of them.

Beyond that, it is a more subtle and unimportant difference. Can we all really say that spending the extra $15 for a Ceramic KK over a Steel KK is really worth it? Thats why you should probably only really try to pick a good C-Size Bearing that Lasts The Longest/Maintains The Same Level Of Performance After Cleaning As It Did NEW, if it is just for your Daily Throw… IF I was competing, however, I would ONLY use NSK. Even if a Bearing Company Sponsored me and offered me a $1,000,000 a year to only Throw their Bearings. I would decline and only Throw the NSK Gold in Competition.

I would definitely take the $1,000,000. But NSKs really are pretty much in a league of their own.

I did not realise that the Gold CT’s were made by NSK! All of a sudden it all makes so much sense, I knew they were too good to come out of the same production line as standard CT’s. :wink:

[quote=“GregP,post:6,topic:72767”]
I can confirm. I’d never had the experience of not being able to hear or feel a yoyo spinning before, but I when I put an NSK into my Markmont.Classic and threw it… it was like it wasn’t even there. A very surreal experience for sure. ;D

Once again, I agree. Such high quality bearings don’t affect things like spin time or stability noticably, but for me the quiet operation and smooth spinning makes a good throw just feel that much better. I’d recommend that everyone buy just 1 and put it in their favourite yoyo. :slight_smile:

1 Like

All this bearing talk reminds me of a childhood story, “The Princess and the Pea.” I’m no princess. ;D If the bearing works it works. :wink:

My wife keeps complaining about the pea under the mattress!

To her credit, she doesn’t actually complain. Probably because I don’t play the rattly bearings around her. :wink:

Are you justifying your need for premium bearings on your wife? “She made me buy premium bearings!” :smiley: (Just messin with ya lol)

1 Like

an nsk doesnt have a higher chance of making a specific yoyo smooth than any other bearing. different bearings just have microscopic differences in width and surface finish, and may cause the yoyo halves align in slightly different ways. I keep a few bearings from every brand just for the purpose of tuning when need arises.
3 out of the 6 nsk bearings I own are with yoyos that tend to be loud (triad, speeder, phenom), another 2 in yoyos that happened to become smooth with these particular bearings (telekinesis, classic), and the last on standby.

1 Like

^^ Sounds about right. It definitely made that particular Krown extra-smooth, though! :wink:

skitrz: oh, I don’t know about “need”, but yeah… I’m putting the blame for cleaning/lubing and buying premium bearings squarely on my wife. It’s all because of her!

The fact that I also use low-noise components on my computer is also because of her, I swear! It’s not me that just likes smooth quiet operation…

Crap, wait. It probably is!

konkave…you know why

Agreed. Ain’t nuthin’ going to make a Northstar quiet, that thing sounds like a rainmaker regardless of what you put in it. For a throw that is already smooth (vibe-wise) however, it adds that smooth and quiet bearing operation that just makes for an oh so silky smooth experience. :slight_smile:

The way I see ‘premium’ bearings is the way I see ‘boutique’ string and even ‘high-end’ throws; A Shutter with a flat 8 ball and kitty string can do anything you need it to, so if that’s what people have then they shouldn’t feel the need to change anything… still, that doesn’t mean that throwing an Anglam CC with an NSK bearing and YYSL Ammo isn’t a lovely experience. :wink:

I really like the twisted strings trifecta. So smooth and quiet. I’m not sure if they are the same after they sold out to zeekio. The 10 ball center tracks are my second, not a fan of the 8 ball CT though.

I always say - Go home with the one that brung ya,
and play with the bearing it comes with… :wink: