What's your dream camera

Honestly, if you use the cameras right, 14 and 15 pro cameras are great. I’m more comfortable with a good manual camera, but I’d be lying if I said I wasn’t duly impressed with my phone for most things.

2 Likes

I’d like a Nikon F4 or F5, I would be equally happy with either.

1 Like

I recently got a nikon D500 which is a dream camera for me. If money was no thing… i’d probably go for the flagship nikon mirrorless whatever it is. A Z8 now i think? Or Z6? But that’s only if money wasn’t a thing, i love my DSLRs too much to want to get a new mirrorless. But they can do some wild stuff.

2 Likes

I’d totally swing mirrorless. 907x is mirrorless and I’d kill for it. But my D7200 is a beast and my go to digital shooter.

1 Like

James Webb Telescope. Really nice long-range telephoto and good solar-system close-ups.

2 Likes

My dream setup would be a Nikon Z9 body hooked up to a Nikon NIKKOR Z 135mm f/1.8 S Plena medium telephoto lens.

2 Likes

Digital Pen-F and a Hasselblad X-pan would be a dream come true.

1 Like

Dude! I have a nikon f4 with a battery grip!

3 Likes

My comment on the iPhone camera was actually serious. Right now, the iPhone has one of the best camera chips on the market. As I understand Mirrorless cameras are not yet up to the quality of reflex-type digital cameras. The real differences are found in lenses at this point in time.

2 Likes

I’ve drooled over that setup for decades :sob: never had the spare cash when I’ve come across a good deal on one

Currently, for what I shoot, the Nikon Z8 and the Nikon 105mm f/2.8 VR S Macro, would be pretty cool to own.

99% of the photos on my instagram photos, @yotoyimages, are shot with a Nikon D750 and a Nikon 60mm f2.8G Micro lens. I absolutely LOVE the Nikon 60mm f2.8G. I’ve used it on all my camera bodies, D700, D70, D80, etc…Best lens in my collection.

3 Likes

iPhone cameras are spectacular

1 Like

Sensor size matters. I’m pretty sure what you pay for with an expensive camera isn’t peak performance, it’s the various features that enable you to get consistently good photos (very quick autofocus, etc)

2 Likes

This one.

2 Likes

Yeah, i film with my iphone 13 alot as well as the D500 and when you get down to the nitty gritty. The small iphone sensor, no matter how amazing it is, they can can’t hold a candle to the big camera sensors. And my d500 is 7 years old now. Blows my iphone outta the water still.

Agreed. There is clearly advantages to a real camera for controlling the picture quality. I was just pointing out that the actual camera is pretty good.

1 Like

Oh yeah, it’s amazingly good, and the fact you can edit and upload on the same device is wild. My iphone filming in 1080 playing on my 65" tv still looks super good.

Took this with my Pixel 8 recently, really impressed by the detail we’re getting with modern phones.

2 Likes

Z-Cam E2 S6, Has all the features I would like in a video cam and still within “reasonable limits”. Or the Fuji XH2s

this is the current rig:

5 Likes

Most amazing thing to me… is, that there is no way you could not know how to use a rig like that.

That set-up was obviously fine tuned over time and certainly looks ‘the business’.

That is not a device… it’s a Machine.

And extra interesting is that you took image with most likely another Excellent machine.

Standing Mo-vation​:clap:t3::clap:t3::clap:t3:

1 Like