What's wrong with my bearing?

So I recently got my One Drop 10 ball bearing in the mail and instantly put it into my Protostar. It was dead smooth but on like the 3rd throw it suddenly started to sound crunchy and made a lot of noise. I then cleaned it and lubed it and it was like new. I then put it in and it was smooth… Then started to make a lot of noise. I did a couple more throws and it started to go away but it still wasn’t completely smooth. What’s wrong with my bearing? Please help.

It just needs to be broken in.

Pretty much what he said. If you wondering about the sound, some protostars seem to make the bearing sound loud. I have played a few of them, and some were loud, some were quiet. Just break it in to see if it helps.

you need to break it in and you cleaned it so nothin is in there so the balls rub on eachother

The balls should never touch. They are in a cage that keeps them seperate. Sounds like you may have gotten a hair in it or something.

the balls ge loose and sometimes rub on eachother

They should not and will not in any bearing that is functioning properly.

Joe, if you have a bearing that does that then you need to throw it away and buy another. They under normal conditions NEVER EVER DO THAT.

Send it back to OneDrop with a Customer Complaint or something…

no need for that

when it gets loud, that is the sound of it breaking in. do what mrcnja said. break it in.

Use the search function on the forum, there have been about 50 threads like this and the answer is always the same: break it in.