Whats the perfect daily throw?

mk1 diffraction v2, raw, which hides all the scratches/dings.
I’ve carried it around almost every day since I got it months and months ago. Almost like I designed it to be my EDC :thinking:

10 Likes

My Replay Pro. Plays great and you can land everything on it. Not perfect but it’s good. Despite carrying it when I go outside has NO DINGS xD

5 Likes

TK No Jive

4 Likes

Probably my raw Ti-Vayder. Since I have a pristine grey one already I don’t mind sparking it, and when I ding it basically nothing happens. Though in reality I just carry whatever my hunch is at the time when I walk by my collection. I have very few yoyos that I won’t play just about anywhere.

3 Likes

I see the lots of people have a Tivayder as a daily throw. Just wondering @codinghorror how many are left in stock?

3 Likes

I’ve carried the Ti-Vayder with me everyday since I got it. It’s such an amazing throw. Being slightly smaller and made of titanium as well as being as excellent as it is makes it a no brainer for an EDC.

5 Likes

Indoors plstc and outdoors note Y01 :slight_smile: my Y01 has gotten to know pavement quite well but still plays like new

5 Likes

Puff Adder or Delrin Wedge are my goto EDCs that I don’t care about dinging

4 Likes

I’ve never had a specific “daily throw” - It’s usually whichever yo-yo I feel like playing that day, not buying them to sit on a shelf. At the moment I have a Kun in my pocket and a MC in by backpack.

10 Likes

To be fair though…
You do have a warehouse at your fingertips.:smile:

10 Likes

I have a messenger bag that I have on me everyday. On that I’ve got one of the YYE 2 yoyo pouches, it has a DRI-YWET and a 4mm YWET. Then in one of the pockets of the bag I’ve got a Walter, a No Jive and a couple Alleycat’s. Those are pretty much always on me. And I’m not precious about any, of they get dinged or scratched it’s just a part of their story.

6 Likes

The perfect daily throw is the one you like to play daily

2 Likes

Either of my pre-ding’ed Top Decks (I have a blue one and a red one).

6 Likes

Don’t have a particular throw for daily carry, tends to be whatever I’m feeling at the time.

I’ve been really enjoying my beat up Ti-Dream that I can throw without fear.

4 Likes

I want to have no fear about dinging them up. I really do.

2 Likes

How do you like the Kun? It doesn’t seem much bigger than the Mighty Flea, but, is it more of a performer? I’m guessing the brass will develop an amazing patina over time.

I always have a Replay Pro in my bag, I thought that was the perfect EDC, until I realized my sparked and beat to heck and back Ricochet is actually the perfect EDC. Smaller size, average stability, able to spark…

2 Likes

It performs muuuuch better than the Flea since it has a larger bearing and gap. Pretty good spin time and stability and I can run through a standard combo (when I don’t miss… It’s real small lol) without any trouble.

2 Likes

Indeed; Garrett has more daily carries than he will admit. But I will tell you…

1. Before work yoyo.
  2. Arrival at work; pre work spinning.
  3. Coffee work yoyo.
  4. Pre lunch throw.
  5. Lunchtime throw.
  6. After lunch/after dessert throw.
  7. Afternoon break throw.
  8. Final wind down throws before departing work.
  9. Evening throwing during movie commercials.
  10. Final pre sleep throw.
  11. Last selection of day for yoyo under pillow…
    … start again upon waking…
13 Likes

I still haven’t tried mine with a full C, but it’s is one of my more common daily carries.

I usually have a responsive and unresponsive in my pocket; which elicits some derision from my wife!

Responsives in the mix: SW Acetal, SW Cypress Pine, Weekender, Deep State. various
SW Harbingers.

Unresponsives in the mix: Parlay, Veritas Pro, Quail, Fianchetto. I’m missing something…

I always have the Flea, or Big Deal in the bottom of my pocket! :crazy_face::grin:

4 Likes

I thought there was also an after lunch, before lunch dessert throw…

2 Likes