Whats A Good Editing Program for windows?

So I’m used to useing imove on my moms mac. But since I recently got my own windows 8 laptop I would like to have something that I can use on that. I want it to be similar to imovie cuz thats what I’m used to. And it would be really nice if it was free :smiley:

It isn’t free, but sony Vegas is pretty basic but really good software.

I use windows movie maker and it is fine for me

I don’t know that I’d call Vegas “basic”. It’s quite full-featured. iMovie is definitely more basic than Vegas.

For Windows, you’re in for some bad luck. The most popular and easy to find free one (Windows Live… Movie Maker… or something…) is fairly crippled, or at least it was last time I used it.

If you don’t need TOoooo much fancy stuff, the best inexpensive one I found was Corel VideoStudio at $50 on sale (and they have sales often). I found certain aspects of it really annoying, but basic editing (including proper handling of 60fps footage for slo-mo videos) is fine. The UI took a bit of getting used to. It could do basic green-screen stuff, too.

If anyone finds a GOOD free alternative to iMovie, I’d be keen to hear about it.

adobe premiere.

I wouldn’t suggest any version of Movie Maker because it doesn’t support many file types.

Thanks for the suggestions I’ll look in to these.

But keep the suggestions coming if you find anything else thanks.