What trick are you working on?

No, not always. But almost always. :wink:

2 Likes

I like to work on a few at a time. Trying to figure out how to consistently land on the string I want instead of both strings after a Magic Drop. Also Kamikaze and Seasick. If I grind on the same trick over and over for a couple hours I feel like it’s less productive than taking a handful at a time, getting the concept, and having several things to work on without getting ill at the same trick.

3 Likes

So I looked at a tutorial for GT Laceration (Brent Stole)… I can do a Hidemasa Hook… however this one leaves me so so confused :frowning:

4 Likes

Front style plastic whip. Even after watching tutorials over and over I can not keep the string positioned over my throw hand thumb while creating the slack to catch the yoyo. I know one day it’ll just click and it’ll work and I’ll be like, “oh, this is pretty simple.”

1 Like

I found the best thing with this is to pull the yoyo up as opposed to bouncing it up… I found bouncing it up meant the string would often fall off my thumb!

1 Like

Thank you! Great tip. I’ll be working on that.

1 Like

The CLYW tut on it is the best one, look that up.

I use my thumb and middle finger to spread the string enough to get enough slack before the pull up! I can make a quick slow-mo video for you if you’d like!

edit: it should help putting your NTH behind your back when practicing this trick - helps the motion feel a lot more fluid

1 Like

@Damb If they are like guaranteed to bind correctly ya I do them often

1 Like

And @Damb i almost always get phat regens cause I throws them bois hard asf so they get a dank spin

3 Likes

When I entered this into Google Translate, and used German as a translation reflector, this is what I got:

“I almost always get Phat Regens because I throw them so hard that they get a wet spin”

I’d say Google did pretty well with that.

5 Likes

Hell ya I always have wet spin!

4 Likes

Don’t throw hard if you’re practicing regens… That’s not going to end well.

6 Likes

wait, why?

2 Likes

It’s an excellent way to catch a yoyo to the face. Don’t get too cocky with regens

6 Likes

You really want to be throwing regens at like half power. If you’re throwing really hard you’re more likely to get a snag.

6 Likes

Dank does mean moist.

2 Likes

Well if it’s a newly discovered regen I throw softly but if I know I’m in a good spot I send it. But ya I’ve been close to a couple of bruises throwing regens so I know what ya mean

1 Like

Yo I got this one on accident :joy: you throw the string like a hook but your catch finger should be pointed down and in like an actual “hook” bend.

1 Like

I’m working on hidemasa hook :slight_smile:
I Already Can do a Laceration . It’s very fun when you land a new trick! It’s like another door to yoyo mastery opens :smile:

5 Likes