What trick are you working on?

I suck at Eli Hops. All the videos about it make it look so easy, but it’s not. I feel like I’m tossing it into the air and looking like a goof. Idk. ■■■■■■■■■■.com dude (Adam) makes it look cool and easy. I have to tell myself “this dudes a pro” lol. Most everything he does looks sweet.

Anyway, wish me luck!

Kwijibo on the other hand is one of my favorites. It’s a fun one that hops around.

Got a great hop, just can line it up. Rarely, ill get a set of 3-5, but mostly just 1 or none.

Anyways, hand is feeling a little better, swelling is down to a minimal and tried light throw today. Not to bad. A little pain but doable. Can’t wait to throw again. It’s only been a couple days and I feel antsy.

Now, it’s too hot (not the YYF yoyo, mind you) and everything feels like it’s sticking to me making tricks a bit difficult. The heat also affects my concentration and trick execution and has made me a bit sloppy tonight…so just keeping tricks to simple and flowy stuff. As much as I like summer, I dislike the heat and discomfort heat can bring.

Yung Canadian Primate who’s rolling through the 6 with his woes.

Shoutout to Drake & GregP

1 Like

Got me a pair of replay pros for 3a. So far I’ve got assisted brain twister and barrel rolls, wrist rolls, 1.5 kink mount and velvet rolls. I just learned flourish last night :). I just can’t seem to be able to do the tangler.

Still working on seasick. Making slow progress, but its still progress.

Starting to take a look at Superman, I’m overdue for picking up another long string trick, been messing with combos of what I do know as well as individual elements.

Recently doing Ninja Vanish to Tower to Ping Pong (or another way of getting into a triangle if it’s too breezy to pull a ninja vanish outside).

I am getting Eli hopes finally down. Most of the control is with my NTH for the hope and the the alignment with the string with my throw hand.

When I do ok, it’s fun. Other times I look goofy trying I’m sure.

Seasick is definitely giving me trouble, but did learn triple magic, cascade, and wrist mount magic knot. Finally have and whut down. Happy about that.

At the moment im quite a beginner so im just reying to land my front mount consistently i am als practicing to land my side mount consistently too

Nice job! Keep at it. Once you get a few of these mounts down, more doors will open up for some new tricks.

Working on a few combo’s I made up at the moment.

havent had much play lately. Finally got some time in and still struggling with rancid milk. Decided to learn the advanced kamikaze mount. Got it in a dozen throws. Now perfecting it.

Rancid Milk is a great trick once you figure it out. Totally worth the time and effort it takes to learn.

#manuallasso

yeah. It looks awesome. It’s just so much to remember. I get to a certain point, after you turn your hand up, and then I forget. And when I do remember, I can’t land the hops in the beginning. It’s annoying. But then again, I haven’t really practiced much after the first couple days soo that might be different. I got through a little past the tray part when I realized I isn’t know where to go from there.

Yes, it is a ton to remember, but you’ll get a hang of it eventually. Just keep practicing.

LOOPS! I suck at them but I’m gonna get it down lol

As of last night, got up to the part after your arms are crossed in rancid milk. Hopefully will have it down by the end of the day.

Got some practice in today. had some trouble orienting which way to cross and roll the yoyo. Figured that out mr then got stuck around the jump through triangle part. Video didn’t help me so I had to study the string formation and figure out how to get out. Finally did. Am able to get through it consistently if I take my time but having trouble finding flow throughout. Back to the grind(pun intended)

I’m going to be working on getting back into the game again with throwing. It’s amazing how 10 days can actually impact you. I was down in SoCal the past week visiting the parks down there and facing hot and humid temps…temps that cause yoyo string to stick to you and make tricks rather hard.

Mainly, I’ve just been messing with this little combo back at the hotel, had my friend record it for me while testing out my new Triumph at the Duncan kiosk. And yes I’m a fan of Oswald the Lucky Rabbit :slight_smile: