What trick are you working on?

Thanks for the tip! I haven’t tried iron whip all that much though, it’s cold fusion that’s getting me down. I figure I’ll come back to it later and it’ll have magically worked itself out, kinda like boing-e-boing.

i started the plastic whip tonight. that is such a cool trick. i can get it in about one in 7 tries. i don’t think this will take long to get consistently.

gw

I worked on that one for a couple of days until I figured out that I was doing it wrong. It’s funny how changing one thing makes you go from 10% to suddenly 90% completion rate.

For me, I usually watch several videos & then scour the forums for tips.

anyone else having trouble with sticky caramel rolls?

Ive been trying it since the tut went up but I just cant get that little zipper-like move when my NTH index is pointing inwards.
well I can kinda get it but I end up doing it in a couple of hops and feels like im having a little jerky spasm instead of the simple little single smooth motion it should be.

Anything 5a that I can think of.
Although, after getting hit in the face twice with the counterweight I’m starting to think front style 5a isn’t the best idea…

Windmills and 720s are my enemies right now.

Something new. Been in a trick creation funk for the last month. :confused:

Stuck in the chopsticks part of Gary Li’s Funky Giraffe to be continued…

I am stuck on Yuuki Slack and Spirit Bomb. Also still trying to perfect Black Hops. It is challenging but I like all these tricks so I am sticking to it.

After these I hope to start in on the White Buddha. :slight_smile:

started on the zipper today. this one is lots of fun. i can do it but not fluidly - but satisfied for first days effort. so many fun and interesting tricks. who would of ever thought string could be so much fun.

gw

I can do some siginicantly more “advanced” tricks than Zipper, but it’s one of those that I just go to constantly. It’s fun to do, and even once you’re fluid with it, you can find room for micro-improvements… working at it zen-like to create the perfect Zipper. :wink:

As for me… working on Seasick. It’s landed, but I want more Amplitude. If I can get it looking like André’s or Alexis JV’s, I’ll be a happy man.

1 Like

Sooo funny you mention this trick. I happened upon it the other day skimming tuts on youtube and decided to try it…woof I had to break from it, I can’t even get past the first arm cross. I skipped all the whips on the tuts tho so ha thats probably why I can’t do it at all.

Anyway, superman is frustrating the heck outa me. I get the first triangle hop, and then when I go for the magic drop type first underpass, I can’t seem to get it on that bottom string after landing it on the first. Something is totally wrong and its killin me. Plus it doesn’t help that it seems all the tuts I watch are a little different. Eh, eventually I will get it.

They’re all pretty different. With the exception of the way they spread strings and stuff, the Vasek one and the Jason Lee one are essentially the same. The YoyoNation one is similar, and the Expert Village (André Boulay) one is significantly different.

And since Jason Lee has one (and it’s his trick), I do it that way, too. Here’s a top-down:

And the aforementioned videos that I worked from:

http://youtu.be/Hshb7dyDU3g (Jason Lee)
http://youtu.be/5inO37Mkcso (Vasek)

This helps a lot. I see how you spread the string with your NTH for the first underhand pass. It also looks like you are landing it on the back string and not the front string (which is the string I have been landing it on). I bet with your tutorial I can hit it today. Thanks Greg, this really helps a lot.

Yup, it’s the back string. Out of the most popular tutorial vids, only André’s has you land on the front string. The spreading to make plenty of clearance for landing is cribbed from the Vasek video.

I barely started Funky Giraffe today. Seems like a pretty fun trick. Gunna have fun with that 1!

The Matrix. Can’t wait to get it smooth like in the vid.

I don’t officially have anything in the hopper right now. Seems like a good time to try Ladder Escape or And Whut.

Give And Whut a try. I learned it recently and found it pretty easy. I bet you could get it in an afternoon. Nothing like picking something up quick to give you that nice sense of accomplishment.

Ooh still havent learned ladder escape?

How 'bout another friendly competition?

I’m game. You name the terms.

yooldman: I know what you mean. I did “Stop and Go dat GT” in a less than an hour and got the “new trick satisfaction”. And Whut will probably be even better.