What to do if security catches you yoyoing in a public area

I was just at the washington memorial thing with my family the other day, and i was yoyoing in the main lobby, and they had me stop. This was actually the first ever time security stopped me from yoyoing. (kinda suprising :l) but before i was stopped, a little girl in front of me recognized me i guess, because she toled her mom that i was the yoyo person from youtube (im popular :sunglasses:

5 Likes

Now back to the point, just follow the rules, and if you keep yoyoing even after people tell you to stop, then thats a yp, not an mp. (A you problem, not a me problem :wink:

2 Likes

you gave up too early, you needed to show a btb brent stole to the officer to convince him to let you keep yoyoing.

maybe next time

2 Likes

you follow the rules. easy answer. you’re at a public place, a memorial in this instance and the potential for damage is there. i was asked to not yoyo at a very famous church (had to get an obligatory eli hop photo in a beautiful location), i just put my yoyo away and moved on.

12 Likes

but i went godspeed! Its so cool :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Yeah a church. Not the best place to yoyo

Bless me, father, for I have spins.

19 Likes

Question reminded me of the end to:

5 Likes

OMG!!! :joy: that’s funny

Not A Crime

@rkalajian

4 Likes

It’s not a crime, true. But it’s also not appropriate in all places. You are visiting a memorial site. While you may not be moved or emotionally attached to whoever / whatever the memorial is to, others around you likely could be. By playing with a toy in this situation you may be seen as disrespectful to those around you. Read the room. Know the place. There is a time and a place for everything, throwing the yo at a memorial is likely not the time, nor the place.

Enjoy the throw my friends
kgb

9 Likes

If security tells you to stop you stop. You say yes sir sorry sir and put it in your pocket.
But that’s me. Your experience could differ.

3 Likes

1.Accidental
2.Incidental
3. Deliberate
4. Preventable

1. You are yo-yoing in an area where you are Completely but unintentionally ignorant of the rules(Accidental).

2.You happen to be yo-yoing in an area where you just happen to be pretty much alone, it in a public place. You are hitting All your tricks that day and you are just flowing with it…… and all of a sudden a few dozen people migrate into very close proximity to you(including a Security Guard)….Oops!:scream_cat:(Incidental).

1. You are not getting enough Oxygen, which leads you to convince yourself that it’s a free World and could give a crap about anybody’s’ rules or even etiquette or common sense…. Because it’s a Free World and you can yo-yo wherever you want(even inside the toilet stall at a Mexican Restaurant. (Deliberate).

2. You personally feel you should be able to yo-yo anywhere: in the Bank, in the Emergency room, at Church(Amen brutha), in the Mall, in a long line at Disneyland, at your best friends Birthday Party/right when he is getting ready to blow out the candles, in a Police station while waiting for a buddy to Bail out, at Krispy Kreme/after all, why should people watch the fresh donuts being made when they can watch you do behind the back green triangles?, on the porch of your first dates house and her Dad answers the door… and that is the end of your date, etc…(Preventable).

Many situations one finds themselves in are totally avoidable.

‘Your right to swing your fists through the air, End where your neighbors nose begins’.

Even if you are famous on ‘uh, YouTube’, you still need to exercise logic and common sense.

3 Likes

You stop. Idk what the question is

Obviously yo-yoing is a god given right and you yoyo no matter what. Only our lord and savior can tell you to stop yo-yoing. /s

On a serious note respect whatever rules or requests a property owner has. If it’s public space then might be easier just to move on and not get into an altercation over a toy.

2 Likes

If you were wearing a Throw-Yo tee, the security guard would have told you how good your skills were, and how attractive you are. After that, they’d clear a path around you so all could bask in your magnificence.

Just sayin’…

4 Likes