WHAT THE (BOBS BAIT AND TACKLE) HAPPENED TO MY DM2!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Satin it as noted above.

im not satining it all im going to do is polish it… if i polish it does it make the grinds slower?

You asked what to do if you polish it and the grinds don’t work. The answer is to satin it…

If you just use a small amount of polish, enough to remove the tarnish, it should not have a big effect on grinding.

ok and is satining just rubbin stuff on it or more complicated?

no satining is where you rub different grits of sand paper on the rims until you feel that your dings are covered.

Then apply polish and your good to go
:wink:

or until the tarnish is gone

1 Like

ok is that a bunch of work cause i dont feel like spending a bunch of money and a lot of time + i dont have any dings or whatever on my DM2 so idk and if i do santin first then polish?

You can just polish. I would satin if possible. Satining needs either dril or lathe and sandpaper.

satining is really easy and doesn’t take that long…
and I wouldn’t polish it personally.
Just take a drill, and get the sand paper. (to get rid of the ano on my 888 and make it shiny while still grinding well, I went 80 grit, 120 grit, 220 grit, 400, then 600 just for a nice shine. tried 1500 grit, but that made it grind as if I had just polished it, so I re-sanded it with 600 grit.)
unscrew the yoyo, put half with the axel into the drill, and rub the sandpaper on it until satisfied. then take the axel out, put it in the other side, and do the same thing you did to the first side.
when I used some polish to give it a mirror finish, it didn’t grind very well.
satining it creates a lot of small grooves in the metal, making less of it contact your skin. when you polish it, the polish fills up those grooves and makes more contact your skin.

OK, you don’t need to do a lot of work to just clean the tarnish. As I said earlier, just get some metal polish and just use a small mount. If you mom has an SOS pad, rub it lightly with that instead. Otherwise, maybe rubbing it good with a piece of rougher cloth like terry cloth or denim will clean it up ok. Actually some of it should come off if you just use it as well.

No need to satin or highly polish.

but satining it makes it grind so smooth. lol

yeah and i dont have a lathe or anything and if i mess up im screwed and i dont wanna make any weight difference and it would probably look like crap so idc about the toothpaste or the satin all i really wanted to know is how to solve my probablem quick and simple and cheap not getting 1000 different grits of sand paper and like 4 hours tryin to get the yoyo fixed cause i screwed up on it so yeah thanks for the metal polish and the SOS pad idea… i will defidently do that but like my username Bad@yoyo im bad at yoyoing and defidently satining

it’s super easy though. you don’t need all those grits. just go to like a home depot or something and get a pack with a few different low grits (the 400 and 600 are pretty much just to give it more shine)
and all you need is a drill and sand paper, and it takes about 5-10 minutes.

U mad bro?

Let’s give this a rest. He says he doesn’t want to satin it. Just wants to get rid of the tarnish.

1 Like