What string?

I need some new string and I am looking for something not too expensive but still performs well. I am open to any recommendations. Thanks!(and if you know any good colors)

2 Likes

for bulk string variety @p44company is the perfect option that you are looking for.

1 Like

Do you know what string I should get from them?

I would go for Sochi Alphaline or Project 44 string

1 Like

I just got some normal and fat project 44 and absolutely loving both. Also I tried some alphaline and ot string in a pay it forward and loved both as well

1 Like

for starters, they always recommend the MID TEX (texture) + Medium Thickness string. But they also have trial string packs if you want to try their other options like soft and coarse ones.

2 Likes

I saw that yoyo string lab has a sampler pack with different types of their string. I might check that out to see what type of string I like.

1 Like

And what do you think is the best quantity size for string

1 Like

My favourites are:
Zipline - AlphaLine (bit more expensive but them last really for ages and are great on slacks)
Monkey finger - Vines phat (less expensive but great on slacks and good durability)
Aceyo strings (the cheapest but very good quality, good on slacks, thick as the vines and good durability, those are actually extremely similar to the Vines just last a bit less)

I take always neon yellow as it is “my colour” to go, all of those are great, I like quite a thick string for slacks and visibility in all of those is great

1 Like

I prefer Zipline strings. They have a wide variety for any purpose and the quality and service are very good.

2 Likes

How well does the alphaline whip and hold slacks when you’re playing outside and it is windy?

I’ve not tried a large number of different strings ,but in what I have tried, I’ve noticed that different strings can and do make the same yo-yo feel different. I thought I would find one string I like and that would be it. But I have found myself changing my opinion of “the most amazing string” when trying it on another throw. I feel like if you’re still searching then sample packs would be the way to go. As much variety as possible and eventually you’ll narrow your search to a few that you can’t live without. All the suggestions so far have been excellent choices.

In all my recent videos on instagram (at least 5/6 videos if not more) I am using the Alphaline, they hold quite well but obviously do not imagine a storm, if it’s mildly windy is not really a problem to use them they become better when broken in, overall them are fine but I never met a string “anti wind”

1 Like

Alright cool thanks I’ve only used kitty fat outside because I use it for 5a and those strings get dirty super fast but it seems exceptionally bad in the wind…maybe I’m spoiled by fancy strings. I will probably order some eventually bc lots of people say it is their favorite bulk string and I want to try it. Thank you!

1 Like