What string length would you recommend for 5a beginners?

Hey everyone, I want to start with 5a and am having trouble finding the right string length. I like long strings for 1a, but this doesn’t seem to be suitable for 5a. I am grateful for any ideas and tips.

Love Tim

I cut mine a couple inches below my belly button and I’m 4’11 so maybe like 35 inches? I’m not too sure and it slightly varies every time cuz I’m too lazy to keep a reference string :sweat_smile:

1 Like

The longer the slower the shorter the faster.
In general slower is easier for the beging but on the other hand some tricks are simpler with shorter string since you do not need to force it so much to rotate.
But agree with bellow belly button as easy to remember reference.

2 Likes

Damn! Im 5’7 and i cut my string above my belly button right below my breast plate. Solar plexus area i think its called. I couldnt imagine playing with string cut below my belly button…that would be waaaaayyy too short.

3 Likes

In the end of the days it does not matter. What ever works for you, right? I find changing string length every now and then intresting since you find new tricks, different flows and styles. Sure if you work on your competition routine it is maybe not benifital.

2 Likes