What should my first One Drop be?

They did make the Dang. Typing that reminds me that I miss my Dang. Should look for another.

1 Like

May 19! :grin:

2 Likes

I agree. For the price, you can’t go wrong with the sk.

2 Likes

If I had to choose just one OD aluminum throw, I would go with the Kuntosh 5000QV. They’re all so good though, you can’t go wrong with whatever you choose. I would get one with side effects though.

3 Likes

Get some nice second hand yoyo, because with that you get a nice one that you don’t feel too bad dinging. You can get used OD’s for pretty good prices if you want one, and you won’t feel bad banging it on stuff.

4 Likes

still have yet to dive into the second hand market :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Could also just wait for when OD does their mystery boxes. I believe you usually get 2 yoyos in those. And everything that OD makes is quality and really great, so it’s a win win.

5 Likes

When do they do the mystery boxes?

2 Likes

People really need to get over this. It happens. Quite a lot actually. It’s not the end of the world. If your throw isn’t dinged your not trying hard enough. Jmtc.

3 Likes

A yoyo that hasn’t been dinged is like………
A soccer ball that hasn’t been kicked.
A mountain bike that hasn’t been out of the bike shop.
An uncut pizza.
A car with a new paint job.
A blue bird day.
A snow covered mountain.
Loved and cared for. Appreciated!

A yoyo that has been dinged is like………
A friend that sticks with you when you do something not so, smart.
Warrior that shows the scars of learning and moments of “AUGH.”
Fearless.
Easy to share.
A friend that emboldens you to take chances.
Loved and cared for. Appreciated! (Doesn’t mean it was abused just used.)

Personally, I’ll take both. :wink:

9 Likes

Could go find an old Rally.

1 Like

I don’t think they have a schedule, maybe @da5id could give you an idea

3 Likes

I can understand if someone is starting out, buying a new 70 buck yoyo is quite something and dinging something like it feels bad. That’s why 2nd hand yoyos are great because many come pre-loved and it’s easier to be like ”oh well, another scratch”

4 Likes

That’s an amazing take on the second hand items. I’ll definitely share that with my yoyo club :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

I’m just saying that it’s going to happen if your really trying to get good. That’s just reality and some logic for good measure. It happened to me.

2 Likes

Very much true. Dings happen.

1 Like

I came across a monthly throw mystery box its 55$ a month for 3 months I really wanna try it

1 Like

So far I’ve only played over carpeting so I have yet to put a ding or scratch on any of my yoyos (except maybe for some carpet-burn on my early plastics). I’m sure some day I will ding one of my throws, but it hasn’t happened yet.

2 Likes

It will I promise you.

I can’t help but hear Yoda’s ominous voice.

2 Likes