What’s your favorite anime?

Damn, no mentions for these guys below?

1. Fooly Cooly
  2. Yu Yu Hakusho
  3. Space Dandy
1 Like

Ohhh I forgot about FLCL. definitely in the top 5 for me. I don’t think neon genesis has been listed yet either.

Watership Down

1 Like

KonoSuba
One Punch Man
Ranma 1/2
Robotech: Macross Saga
Steins;Gate

I’m more of a manga guy myself but some anime that really stood up to me are:

• FMA:B
  • Rurouni Kenshin
  • Soul Eater
  • Trigun
  • Neon Genesis Evangelion
  • Kill Me Baby!
  • Nichijou
  • One Piece
  • Kyoukai no Kanata
  • Deadman Wonderland

Kill me baby!

Nausicaa and Akira.
I frequently oscillate between which one is my favorite. I saw someone reading Nausicaa on the plane last week and I haven’t stopped thinking about the movie since then, so it’s probably my fave right now.

1 Like

if anybody likes really good stories and not just constant power fights and cliff hangers(im looking at you shonen crowd) i highly recommend
tatami galaxy!
Mononoke
and summer wars

All really great stories with very wild and different approaches to animation style. that’ll leave you wanting to rewatch again. if we’re talking about whats popular sure i like

my hero academia

jojo bizzaire adventure

and the new series Dororo(very good gory stuff here)

but the stuff i recommended and the directors other projects are amazing
but that’s just my Opinion. if you do watch any of these i would love to hear your reactions/opinions!

1 Like

katangatari is great!

So many it’s hard to say, plus I haven’t kept up for past 5 years or so, off the top of my head though hmm…

Hellsing Ultimate

Cowboy bebop

Outlaw Star

Trigun

2 Likes

Genuinely surprised that only one person so far has mentioned Akira. In 1994 I was 11 years old and I started Secondary School here in Britain. A friend of mine gave me his copy to borrow on VHS without any way of explanation and just said “I think you’ll like this”. I have to admit I didn’t somepletely understand what was going on but I watched it endlessly and it had a massive impact on my pre=pubescent mind. I watched it again for the first time in well over a decade a couple of years back and it still holds up as a timeless classic

2 Likes

I stopped watching anime in high school but there are some older ones I will watch from time to time.

Akira
Ninja Scroll
Vampire Hunter D
Guyver
Cowboy Bebop

Things like that

3 Likes

Just finished watching Ninja Scroll again… So Good!

1 Like

Golden Boy???

3 Likes

YES!!!
“Striving ahead on his bicycle, the mikizuki 5, he continues forward seeking his destiny”

1 Like

Naruto, Death note, Attack on Titan, My hero academia, Fairy tails, Tokyo ghoul and One Piece are my favorites. I do have one piece anime canvas because it is my most favorite anime from the above list.

I have another favorite anime, Just finished watching.
Ginga Densetsu Weed ! It was an amazing series! Love it!

Tekkonkinkreet, which is the source of my profile picture. The movie is great, but the manga is even better.

1 Like
  1. dbz
  2. One piece
  3. Initial D
  4. Studio Ghibli films
1 Like

In no particular order

• Studio Ghibli
  • Hellsing/Drifters
  • Cowboy Bebop
  • Trigun
  • Tokyo Ghoul