What’s the difference between the MCMO and the MC

Are used to own the Markmont classic a few years ago and now I’m on the new MCMO and I can’t tell the difference

Made of 7075 aluminum now and tiny tweaks to the design to accommodate the weight change I believe

1 Like

It’s a stronger throw. More stable and more forgiving than the old version.

1 Like

this is a good in-depth look at one person’s opinions on the differences.

2 Likes

Thanks for the link this is very helpful

Something I’ve been wondering lately along these lines is “what’s the difference between the MCMO and the many other very similar looking designs?” To my eyes, the Cloudberry and MCMO look really similar and I’ve tried both. The MCMO seemed to play “better” to me (despite or maybe because of the flat bearing). I weighed them both and they were the same according to a kitchen scale. The specs are really close. The MCMO is 7075 and the Atmos is 7068, but I don’t know if that’s something I’d be able to feel. Then I thought that maybe it was the string length that made one play better than the other and I measured the strings and they were identical. There seem to be a lot of other similar ones.

1 Like

I know the feeling.

personally I don’t like the aesthetics and feel during play of the Atmos response bumps, they’re too exaggerated and I can feel the string land on it and click into the string gap. And in terms of play, the MCMO felt a lot more solid on the string than the Cloudberry did while being just as agile; I prefer both it and the MC weight distribution over the CB, but I know plenty who prefer it the other way.

6 Likes