What’s new?

It’s been years!
What are the latest trends in yoyo play?
New styles of play?
Bring me up to speed. Please

3 Likes

When was the last time you threw? Biggest thing is yoyos are bigger and wider (as opposed to when I began in 2010, 50mm was normal, now that’s tiny), and smaller boutique companies are in along with boutique string makers.

3 Likes

I have been playing on and off for about 18 years and I still can only do the very basics. My playing is so inconsistent. I will play every day for an hour or two a day, then not play for 2 or 3 months. All my yoyos are old school mostly wooden Tom Kuhn or BC. The most “modern” yoyo I have is a Dif-E GTO. I don’t play it much. I did just order a Yoyo Factory Whip, because I am tired of searching the internet for repair parts. I want to be able to find replacement parts right off the site.
I look forward to getting back into the discussion and learning the what is new.

4 Likes

Welcome back. You may end up getting 50-60 yoyos recommended to you in the next 24 hours. Parts are not something you will really have to be too concerned about. I’d just suggest browsing the YYE store and see what strikes your fancy.

3 Likes

Impossible chore lol

2 Likes

Shutter seems to be a top.choice for intro or skyva welcome back i also just came back last week and went on spending spree ><.

Unless your like me and instead of going with any those two I went straight to leviathan 5, one drop saturday legenday terrarian, g2 pacific rim banshee,and yoyorecreation FyFo. Hahaha

I been researching everyday for past 4 days lol i think i learned all upto date yoyos and i seem to keep looking for the next thing to buy when I can barely bind a yoyo hahaha.

But yah starting out again normally you would go shutter than move up to grasshoper x/orbital gtx. After that its whatever you like from one drop/clyw/g2 (Gsquared) all way up to the expensive Draupnir/Messiah/Palpitation

After you decide on one theres a checklist on this site for u to learn all tricks from beginner to expert you can print out.

1 Like

this is true, also you should buy the convoy

1 Like