What’s everyone currently using for 2A string?

I had some fist salad that I bought when I first got my Initiators, but that’s running low and I’m not a big fan. It works fine except for the fact that the slip knots it makes are very slippery and refuse to stay in place. And yes I have the slipknot loop facing the correct direction.

Any recommendations for my next string purchase? Keep in mind it needs to be ultra thin, the Initiators have a very tight gap.

Edit: anybody?

How thin is Kitty thin?

Edit 2: nobody does 2A? Placing in contests might be easier than i thought.

3 Likes

This is exactly how I feel about 3a rn :joy:

No Americans do 2a or 3a

1 Like

Yeah I’m picking it up a little more quickly than I thought I would, I’m hoping to start competing next year in the 2 contests that are local to me.

You might inspire me to pick up 3A too. Did you practice with your off hand alone first?

I’m also thinking of competing at VA states and maybe one or two others next year, and we’ll see how close Nats are to me. Watching the 10th place Nats freestyle I definitely feel like I’m at a similar, possibly even higher level after just a few weeks of dedicated practice. Something around Alex Curfmans(who placed 6th, which is his lowest placing at Nats ever btw) level definitely seems realistic with a few more months of practice, definitely a year. So top 5 at Nats might not actually be that much of a meme.

Just a little bit, not too much. You’re probably good if you’re somewhat comfortable with basic stuff like 1.5, brother, double or nothing, skin the gerbil, etc. you don’t need to be completely comfortable with your left hand, I’m still not.

And after playing the style for a bit, I 100% feel like it’s not popular not because it’s brutally difficult, but because not enough people give it a good shot compared to 4a and 5a. It really isn’t THAT much more difficult, contrary to popular belief, imo.

Really goes back to the whole instant gratification thing :man_shrugging:

4 Likes

:thinking:

1 Like

Yeah I don’t like it, it refuses to stay in place on my finger.

Edit: still hoping for some input here.