What pads do y'all use

I made a huge deal about silicone your throws but after all of that talk my pads just kept falling out so I decided to get some mouse pads and boy are these things good there dirt cheap and there the best pads I have ever tried I’m never going back

6 Likes
5 Likes

Currently I am just using everything stock pads.
In my bag I have 2 sets of OF flow groove pads, 2 sets of OD Flow Groove 19mm slim pads, and 2 sets of pink Sochi pads.

I don’t know much about pads but so far out of all my yoyos I like the way the Akita binds with it’s snow tyres best so far. But I think I’ll start appreciating a slightly slippier bonding pads as I get better.

3 Likes

what pads?

2 Likes

This surprises me as I’m normally a complete gear head, but, generally I don’t notice much difference between stock pads. In my maintenance box, I’ve got various 19mm YYF pads, a couple of OD Flow Groove (OD and 19mm size) and Katana pads. Most were purchased when I was very new and believed pads wore out quickly. It feels like I need to play a lot more as I’m generally not wearing pads out.

3 Likes

I use flowable silicone

1 Like

YYF white

1 Like

I’ve been using the Something Type 1 pads. I’m no expert on pads but these are nice. Not slippy at all and give nice, tight binds.

2 Likes

I got generic Buddha Pads off yoyo bestbuy. It was like 12$ for the pack of 10 pair, which should last me quite a bit lol

2 Likes

YYF Pro pads. They are all good except the white ones. The white ones are just ok.

1 Like

Flow grooves and red rtv.

2 Likes

Wow those ilinx pads are dirt cheap.

Nowadays I stick with stock unless the response isn’t to my liking. I currently have a small stash of Sochi pink pads that work fine. Previous to that I used YYBB’s IR pads, and I’ve also played with MonkeySnot and the flowable windshield sealant stuff just to learn how to silicone.

1 Like