What kind of String do you use? Color? and why?

normal poly

yellow and pink

cheap and works

Yeah, kids these days just donā€™t knowā€¦ :wink:

I liked the G strings Iā€™ve tried so far. Very soft and whips well.

Bulk yye edition cause i just wanted poly and nothing special although Iā€™m about to buy one of those sampler things from toxic

100% polyester neon yellow from yoyoexpert. I can only use that one for some odd reason. Every other string Iā€™ve tried has cut my fingers. Even the same kind just different colors. Neon yellow doesnā€™t cut me and I think it looks awesome with every yoyo :smiley:

Normal yellow neon polyester kitty strings, because they are so soft and the coulor is so bright.

twisted stringz type a1, itā€™s everything Iā€™ve ever wanted in string. neon green and electric blue are my favs.

I use Kitty string, normal thickness/neon yellow. I use it for general use on most of my ā€˜activeā€™ yoyos.

But my favorite strings to use are: String Lab X and String Lab type 2.

Type 2, to me, is like Kitty string ā€˜plus a littleā€™.

And The Type X is just my favorite for my main rotation of yoyos: TiWalker/Ti5/Cascade/Doomsday Genesis/Equilateral/Berserker RX and GenYo Model 10. < X and Type 2 also in Neon Yellow. To me, I feel the bright color has the best contrast against most any background.

To answer the Why question> I just feel the X and the Type 2 and the Standard Kitty string all have good general use functionality. They are all reasonably durable, decent at holding tension and donā€™t burn up my fingers; haha.

Only real drawback in this poll is that unless everybody responding(including me) has tried every string out there(I sure havenā€™t), then the answers will not/cannot identify the very best strings. They can only identify an individualsā€™ favorite strings of the strings they have played.

ā€¦ One other string that I Always have in my carry bagā€¦ The Toxic MarkMont Dragon String(white).

Itā€™s a little slippery and stiff, but there is just something about it that makes a great change of pace for slack/whip/laceration type tricks. It is a little harder in the fingers though, if the humidity is up.

1 Like

Whatever I pick out from my pile of strings

Awsome!

YYSL Type X - butane flame. Only string worth getting imo.

Toxic - normal. just cus it looks good with certain yoyos of mine.

Markmont Dragon - white. Had to try it out. great for whips.

Currently using string lab type x ATM, was using bulk yye poly before (still use it here and there). Would love to try out some gstring? What is the name referencing? Guitars? Or underwear?

Fat Kitty is my ā€œdefaultā€ string when Iā€™m not sure what I really want to throw on a yoyo. But Iā€™m a bit of a string and bearings experimentation addict, so I always have stacks of other stuff to try.

I enjoy YYSL Type X. I like Toxic BG1 and Snakes. I think Dragons are a kick from time to time but theyā€™ll never be my ā€œgo toā€ string.

Paul, you may or may not remember a communication I had with you a few months back, wondering about the other string types that seemed to be out of stock. I indicated at the time that I wasnā€™t really digging The Yoyo G-String Solo and I wanted something different. Boy was I wrong. After a few months of not using it, I put it into my El Ranchero and it was love. Skills change (ideally you get MORE skilled!), tastes changeā€¦ and somehow the timing was right for me to recognize how awesome SOLO is as a string format.

Around the same time, I won a sample pack from Quick 13. I tried the L7 and it wasnā€™t love at first play, but the string really performed for slacky loop tricks like Twirly Bird. Amazing. But the real revelation came when I tried the P1 (ā€œPrototype 1ā€). Itā€™s everything I like about Dragon, but is just a bit lighter and just a bit softer, meaning that for ā€œslickā€ string types, I finally found something I can put in a daily throw and be thrilled about. Iā€™ll be getting more of this one for sure.

Colours? I like to complement the yoyo wherever possible coz Iā€™m nutty that way, but other than white (a no-brainer!), neon yellow seems to work in almost every throw.

take in mind the post count of the OP.

I use your string and i love it. took me a little to get used to but it works great. :smiley: