What keeps you yoyoing?

I’m currently practicing 2A and I intend on making it my main style of play. What keeps me yoyoing is that 2A is a total minority among all styles and it’s time to get it back to its glory as it was back at the boom. The frustration keeps me going because I improve in every second. 2A is awesome and I will do anything just to bring it back.

At the other side of the coin, I wouldn’t have stayed if I didn’t win all these yoyos (and I won my share) for the past couple years. Owning and trying all these yoyos that I wouldn’t imagine I could even get my hands on is an honor. Can’t get rid of them at all. I think it’s disrespectful for the company and the toy itself. So naturally I let my love for this hobby take over so I won’t even have those kinds of thoughts ever again.

I’m in a rut as well and thinking I might pick up the guitar again. took a class through school and learned the basics, but my guitar just sits in it’s case under my bed next to my yoyo case feeling all sad and lonely. If it wasn’t night and acoustic I would play, but i’m bad and my calluses have gone away I bet.

Aren’t you the guy who’s won a bunch of online contests? If so, You’re very lucky, gimme your 5 leaf clover ;D

Yeaaah, that’s probably me you’re thinking of. But my luck only stands in yoyos. I absolutely have no luck anywhere else. It’s really weird.

The money and free yoyos.

1 Like

The thought of stopping yoyo.

Getting new yoyos.

1. The moment the boredom disappears.
  2. The moment I see something old in a new light.
  3. The moment a hundred hours of frustration is dispelled by one great moment of triumph.
  4. It’s fun!

The hope to get better.

I agree with SR. As much as I love throwing in-itself, getting new throws plays a big part in my continued interest. :slight_smile:

So as a serious response, I keep yoyoing because I always know I can get better. That one combo I could improve on, that one contest I could do better it, or that one trick I could learn. I like to progress, and see myself progress. I also would never want to leave the yoyo community. I’ve already made some awesome friends through competitions (shoutouts to Jesses Christe and Micheal Birdman Ferdico, among others).