What is your "Moby D*ck" trick?

3.0 hooks. Everything up until 2.5 makes sense. After that im just lost on what to do with my throw hand :rofl:

3 Likes

At this moment this is it for me
Takatsu Tsukakaā€™s Metempsychosis

5 Likes

Hooks above 1.5 and eli hop combos where you do them behind back, with zoning and other positions.

3 Likes

bee sting repeater

2 Likes

@drewtetz Mind Melee aka ā€œCrisisā€

6 Likes

I just started working on Spirit Bomb Saturday and Iā€™ve put some good time into it. Itā€™s definitely the toughest trick I came across so far. I think Iā€™m finally getting the first hop down after watching a video with a tip about making the triangle smaller and the string above longer for the first hop. I know the second hop is gonna be another rough one. All the knots involved with this trick has been also slowing down learning this trick. Ha

Magic Drop/Shockwave I got the rejection part really fast but landing it on the correct string is another story. The only way I can consistently is if I spread out the trapeze really wide.

Oh and Boingy Boing took 4 or so months of messing with.

3 Likes

Horizontal hops. I canā€™t make them look good.

Why does Richardā€™s nickname get censored here?

2 Likes

Cus of private part jokes gosh dangit

2A.

Full sentence.

7 Likes

What was the eye opener with the second part?

That second pop is a killer lol

1 Like

It was the realization that one minor tip improved my success from <50% to >90% where months of practice did not yield any real improvement.

(In this case, I was one of the people mentioned at ~3:00 who was having issues due to popping the yoyo too high)

3 Likes

Thatā€™s interesting.

I just tried popping it up barely at all and had a good % land rate.

Most wisdom seems to say pop it up decently, wonder why that makes such a difference.

Thanks!

2 Likes

BOOM! 1.5 Hook! aka my old whitest whale

Hereā€™s how I did itā€”got new strings (markmont Dragons)ā€¦fastest whipping string of any string I had tried before immediately noticed how quick they were whipping and thought, ā€œhuh maybe todayā€™s the dayā€ā€¦and it was!!! Iā€™ve since gotten it a bunch of times so I know it wasnā€™t a fluke or one off. Now I have the feel of it and Iā€™m excited to try it with some of the strings i was using before but I gotta crush some work first. Hopefully yā€™all are making some progress with those white whales! Still gotta figure out that tsukasa namba #4 slackā€¦

7 Likes

Congrats!!! Nice form that was smooooth

1 Like

Currently Beef Hook. Such a deceiving trick man I thought Iā€™d have that down in a few minutesā€¦HA.

4 Likes

Came here to add Polo Garbmakolā€™s rejection slack combo, the one that was TaW last year. Also shoutout to Josh Yeeā€™s L.S.D. Triangle, not a white whale yet bc I just started it this week but itā€™s like three movements that I totally understand and it looks simple but I havenā€™t been able to land it yet.

@Shapapy I just learned Rancid Milk :face_vomiting: this week. I donā€™t have the fluidity I want yet, but I can land it slow or fast but with pauses to let my brain catch up often. I donā€™t know if you got that yet or notā€¦if you did, nice! If you didnā€™t yet, hereā€™s what helped meā€”I had 3 tutorials for it up at the same time to learn the moves. Cabin tutorialā€”amazing bc Chuck makes it look so freaking good but no explanation makes it kind of easy to miss the subtle moves. The yotricks oneā€”over complicates the trick and makes it confusing; there is one step especially that is explained poorly but I like how Connor kept emphasizing the smoothness needed for this to look right. The G2 tutorialā€”just a good tutorial with the right amount of explanation to me. The G2 one helped me the most but it took me seeing all three to figure out the moves and start putting it together.

2 Likes

Slackicide,

can get it about 1 in 5 times if lucky

3 Likes

This is always the case for me. Working on Bee Stings this past week, I had to watch like 3-4 different tutorials before it clicked in my head. Like, each one has a different tip that kinda helped me get there.

Rancid Milk just has so many steps! Iā€™ll keep (slowly) working my way through it. Thanks for the tips!