What is your guilty pleasure throw?

Man, that’s such a great looking half-swap!
The Deep State was almost made for half-swaps!

3 Likes

And that is a factory half swap. I’ve thought about trying to find a solid to match my splash and make it a half swap.

4 Likes

walking the dog on wood fixies

5 Likes

The truly brave… do full splash half swaps :triumph:

4 Likes

Let’s see a pic!

3 Likes

I’ve posted it before, let me search…

Yep got it on this search term: @codinghorror dv888 laser, third hit

6 Likes

lol that’s amazing! :rofl:

2 Likes

My yoyojams. Especially the hitman and xcon. I even like the big kahuna, in spite of all the hate its gotten over the years. I have another hitman and a theory coming to fill the empty spots. Yes, I know 4 of these are monkeyfinger, I like those also.

11 Likes

Have you ever considered making it unresponsive? Maybe you would like it.:smirk:

Which is worse?

• Dv888
  • Metal drifter

0 voters

1 Like

I didnt even mean to vote i never used a DV888. I love the metal drifter though.

Codings anti dv888 thing must have been before I joined the forum cause I dont get the joke. It doesnt look like a bad yoyo

6 Likes

Same here it doesn’t seem that bad.

Oh… its a thread from 2018. Is it like the flat bearing fiasco?

Im not gonna read all that lmao.

4 Likes

i bought one, my kiddo plays it… sort of like a combo of a mighty flea and a wrecking ball, the size-ish of an 888? it’s dangerously fun? funly dangerous? a toothchipperingly capable enough beginner throw?

are these the things running through @codinghorror’s head? are they running through mine? get out of my head @FrankieJR!!!

4 Likes

Haha. Idk i never used it. I did click the link and saw CH had a pic of a dv888 with some pads sticking out making the gap look like as thick as the string lol.

3 Likes

I use an unresponsive DV888 B stock as a banger and it is just fine. For $10 it is a good Yoyo for learning. Good size. No worries if I nick it. Does better than those $10 “newbie” yo-yos.

4 Likes

Nice. My “guilty” throw has to be my Ti 888. Expensive but whenever im in the middle of practicing…i just go back to playing with the hubstacks lol

5 Likes

Me too. That’s why I got the galaxy colorway.

I agree with this assessment

4 Likes

Lmaoo. Well i cant disagree if i havnt tried it. I thought about getting one for my kid but i got him a duncan metal drifter instead.

3 Likes