What is the stiffest string you have used?

Wow you feel Type X is stiff? It may not be stiff string you’re looking for at all because I wouldn’t categorize it as stiff. It’s incredibly soft and somewhat loose. Blueprint is very stiff so if that’s what you think you want go for it. Blueprint is good string. Type X is unique, the only strings I could recommend as alternatives is Venom or the soon to be defunt g-string SOLO.

1 Like

Dragons and Chaos 422/622 before they break in. Chaos 622 feels more like a tiny rope than a yoyo string.

Agreed on the Type X… not stiff at all. I mean, it’s the epitome of soft regular-thickness strings…!!!

Dragon I disagree with some of you on. I mean, it’s certainly tough stuff, but it’s so… floppy? If you make it into a circle and let it dangle, you’ll get the segments pretty much side-by-side. To me, a stiff string will still keep a somewhat open loop (not VERY open, but somewhat) when it’s just hanging there.

Semantics, I guess. Because it sure is “tough” stuff. :smiley:

Regarding Kevlar: the Twisted kevlar is definitely a stiff string, and a GOOD one. It’s in there with Chaos 422 for sure. The #82 Kevlar is way different-- it’s still somewhat stiff IMO but not to the extent of the Twisted stuff. Or maybe that’s just the fluffy texture talking… when I think stiff I also think rough, though the two are not necessarily related.

Definitly Toxic Dragons.

I loathe that string above every single other string I have tried in my day.

~Z

Type X is our soft regular string for sure. If it’s slacks you’re after, Ammo (still soft) and Venom are more geared for that.