what is the best kind of centering bearing

I have used a kk and it worked well but I was going to try something different

I really like Buddha Whipples. Centering bearing for 4 for $20? Yes please. And they play great, they play as well as $10 or $15 bearings.

Iā€™ve replaced pretty much all of my bearings with bulk 10-ball concaves from China, even my Dazzler and Draupnir, etc. Regardless of price i find them to be great bearings. I donā€™t like grooves, i donā€™t like V-shaped bearings, the YYF CTs are just ok, and even the YYR Double-V doesnā€™t do much for me. Plain olā€™ concaves are definitely the best performers for me, and being able to throw them away when they go bad without any remorse is great. Gimmick bearings are a huge waste of money imo, and i say this having owned most of them and spent a lot on them. If only i could find a source of bulk concave D-bearings iā€™d be set.

Is the Terrapin wing cut size C ceramic worth the the price? does it really make a difference because the description seems to good to be true but I could be completely wrong but Iā€™m kind of skeptical about it due to the people on the forums saying expensive bearings arenā€™t worth it and the others that claim that there the best thing out there. Are these bearings opinion/subjective or do they really set apart from all other 10-15 dollar bearings? I normally use a Center Trac (8 ball) and the standard YYF spec bearing. So do expensive bearings TRULY make a difference or is it a gimmick? Should I buy a terrapin wing cut size C ceramic bearing?(Probably would put the terrapin in my Chief or my 3rd run Bonfire)

Itā€™s not. The maker of Terrapin exaggerates all of his bearingsā€¦ Itā€™s good but itā€™s not going to be the best bearing youā€™ve ever tried. Itā€™s above average, but its not outstanding, itā€™s not the best.

However, the more expensive bearings really are worth it. The ones that say they arenā€™t worth it are the ones just using generic flat bearings all the time. I feel that a concave bearing really does make a difference. Just buy a center-trac, compare it to your 8-ball, and see what you like better. If you like the center-trac better, then the more expensive, higher quality bearings are better for you.

Random nonbranded chinese ceramic concave around $6 each. Although they dont spin as long as a dif KK when simply lashed with the string, they accually yields longer sleep time than those when put on an actual yoyo, which is weird but lol.
Ive got no issues with string friction with any of the bearings. for example they all clear the counterclock steps of mickeys speed combo very easily.

Terrapin x s/c 10 ball comption ceramics wing cut no man. spin long as you want hand down best bearing bar none to date

Seems like you need some punctuation and spelling help. Only got about half of that.

Nathan, do you have a link? Iā€™m always looking for a good source of solid, cheap, centering bearings.

Same here. I love those things!

Pffff even better with a KK!

I just switched it. It plays very similar so I really canā€™t judge. I like the KKā€™s as much as I do the wing-cut, anyway.

Iā€™ve got 4 barely used flat bearings (10-ball and General Yo) and Iā€™d trade them for some wing and kk action.

Is the YYF CTB any good?

I have want to try a different than a kk but there are to many options

Sorry for the crazy sentence

Get the CT or CTX. Twisted Trifecta is pretty good as well.

What do you mean by ct or ctx I am confused.

YYF (CBC, actually) Center Trac (8-ball) or Center Trac X (10-ball) bearing. Both really good bearings.

1-Gold Center trac
2-Standard Center trac
3-CTX

YYR DS bearing