What Inspires You?

Simple enough right.

What inspires you to create new combos and improve your skills with a yoyo? What types of things motivate and drive you to keep pushing yourself when you find yourself struggling with certain material?

i like watching videos to get me motivatedā€¦

Are there any specific throwers that you like to watch?

Tomas Bubak is my fav thrower ;D

hes not the best thrower but i like his style of play :wink:

Well, Iā€™d imagine that the ā€˜bestā€™ is really just personal preference and perspective.

Listening to different kind of music while you yoyo is very helpful and inspiring.

What genreā€™s of music do you enjoy listening to for this type of thing?

Not much. Iā€™m pretty much self motivated. I want to get better so I can move onto combos and then just be throwing to amuse myself.

I see videos all the time. Itā€™s not ā€œI want to be like thatā€ or ā€œI want to be able to do that comboā€, but more along the lines of ā€œthat is what Iā€™m practicing to try to get toā€.

Iā€™m throwing for me, so itā€™s a lot different.

same, i like listening to fast punk rock to get me motivated sometimes

well it gets me pumped up, its not actually motivating

I know what you mean, sort of puts you in the right frame of mind.

thats an excellent way of putting it ;D

No need to double post. Thatā€™s what the ā€œModifyā€ button is for.

What motivates me is watching others do better than me.

Everyone here is better than I am. Thatā€™s fine. But only I can suck the way I do!

I see lots of ā€œlittle kidsā€ with less time in than me are just smokinā€™ me. Iā€™m jealous. But if they can do it, I can do it. It just might take me longer, but I can improve too.

The pure challenge of it all inspires me. Just having something to put my mind to instead of work, tv, vdeogames, etcā€¦ Is important for me. The yoyo is a great tool for that in my opinion.

so trueā€¦

watching the kid i teach quickly catching up to me helps me stay motivated. And itā€™s not that i want to stay ahead of him for the sake of being better than himā€¦i just dont want to run out of things to teach and then become useless haha

1 Like

I think weā€™re about the same, ability wise.

The people here inspire me.

1 Like

I realized that I never shared what inspires meā€¦ mostly because Iā€™m new around here, so I thought itā€™d be odd.

Anyhow - for all my hobbies and in life in generalā€¦ Iā€™m inspired by those that show passion for what they do. Passionate people really give me the drive to work harder and improve myself beyond measure.

1 Like