What gloves do you wear?

Hey guys. So I have been wearing cotton yoyo gloves for most of yoyo career, and recently I have been thinking about trying Nylon gloves. My question is, what kind of gloves do you guys prefer? Is nylon better than cotton? Are nylon gloves meant to last a long time or do you have to replace them when they wear out? Is there a particular brand you guys like?
Thanks!!

2 Likes

New feeling gloves are generally considered by competitors to be the superior yoyo glove, don’t know where to get them though

3 Likes

I wear MagicYoyo gloves mostly. The ones that come with their yoyos. I suspect they are made of either lycra or spandex.

4 Likes

Do you guys change them out regularly or dose one pair last a long time!

One pair has lasted me nearly two years so far. But, then, I don’t throw that much…

Are these the ones you are referring to? I’m only able to find them on YYE when typing new feeling in the search.

3 Likes

That is really cool thanks!

dose one pair last a long time?

I have used the magic yoyo gloves that come free with the yoyos and i would put them at the bottom of my list of gloves Ives used.

Magic yoyo sells gloves that are really good.

YYE has a bunch of gloves that are great, there inhouse brand is as good as the rest.

I have bought billiards gloves off Amazon and those come 10 in a pack so they are really cheap… they last a bit longer then the free MYY gloves.

In the end i would recommend paying $5-10 for a decent glove… get 2… those are still in good condition. Ive gone through 30 billiard gloves, and every single free MYY glove. The nylon better quality gloves last a lot longer.

The sizes however are a game of dice…i use medium but they are sometimes a bit loose. Sm was way too small for me across the board.

1 Like

@AKYOYOMIKE sent me a couple of gloves he got on Amazon…and though I think they were cheap for him, they’re of much nicer quality then the magicyoyo gloves I had.

1 Like

Also, I don’t use gloves often. I imagine the gloves AK sent me will last me years.

1 Like

Yup

1 Like

Thanks! Would rather have something that covers all fingers though. I’m picky like that. lol!

I have not found 5 finger gloves do not last nearly as long as the 3 finger for some reason.

You can look into different glove liners, they are usually lycra, i use them in the winter outside but u could use them indoors easily… maybe not a4 hour session🙂

1 Like

Over what period of time have you gone through these gloves?

I didn’t know they wore out so easily. But it must mean you just use yours a heck of a lot more then I do.

1 Like

Also, is it real humid in your area? I can see that effecting how long they last. I’m lucky to live in a dry area.

I didn’t use all 30 gifted a bunch, shredded a bunch as well… sorry that was unclear. The pair i gifted you last me on average 2 or 3 months. I wear gloves to practice most the time 1-2 hours at night, or in humidity. I don’t wear gloves for casual throwing.
Myy free gloves last a month or less.
Basically the stitches on the 3rd finger starts to become undone. I have pretty dry hands so that doesn’t help.
Legit gloves have lasted since ive started using gloves. My magic yoyo gloves are over 2 years old and going strong.
I hope that helps quantify my insanity.

1 Like

Ah! Okay haha! I thought you meant you used and wore out 30 gloves! :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

I think i gave away 10 of the 30, red green and blue…i used another 5 sets that have lasted only a few months so ive gone back to my better quality MYY gloves 3 finger… and i have the YYE glove which is just as good. I have another pair of gloves that i don’t know the brand but are the same nylon material and i have no problems.
MYY has a5 finger glove that’s great but the sizes didn’t work for me.

I have a few of those billiards gloves left, if anyone wants to try them out pm me i can probably send out to the first 2 or3 prime that pm me.

1 Like

None. I use yoyo tape around my string finger. That’s it.

1 Like