What film/movie/series did you last watch?

Sling Blade, for the first time. Loved it.

4 Likes

hain’t got no gas in it

5 Likes

Bumblebee.

2 Likes

mine was bohemian rhapsody from last years flix, and this year was brexit

2 Likes

I got so excited because I thought it was a redone version of the Firefly movie, (called Serenity) google disappointed me again.

3 Likes

Sightseers (2012). Dark comedy which is actually very funny, Alice Lowe is brilliant and the soundtrack included music by Popol Vuh, Harmonia and Neu!

Other than that plenty of old weird horror stuff of which Blood Freak (1972) was a particular highlight for me

1 Like

Monty Python and the Holy Grail

“It’s just a flesh wound!”

7 Likes

Not a movie, but the series Black Mirror on Netflix has been enjoyable. Each episode has it’s own separate story, so they’re almost like mini movies (most episodes around an hour long).
If you enjoy scifi, there are some really good episodes in here. And along the same vein, they did a choose your own adventure movie that’s pretty cool called Black Mirror: Bandersnatch, also on Netflix.

Just watched this again the other day for the first time in a long time. Such a classic.

4 Likes

“Cold Pursuit” (2019). I saw it yesterday and really liked it.

1 Like

I thought Bandersnatch was a failed attempt. A video game can truly be immersive.

2 Likes

Recently watched Bad Times At the El Royale (2018). Jeff Bridges’ performance was pretty good, as was Jon Hamm’s, though I wish they expanded on him further.

But what really irked me about this movie is one scene in particular where an actress tries to fix her car after it was sabotaged near the end of the movie. It was just so outside the realm of believable that it spoiled the movie for me, not that it was incredible to begin with.

I think Nick DiPaolo said it best, "I don’t think I can watch Angelina Jolie beat [up] six Green Berets. My suspension of disbelief just can’t take it.”

I’m all for strong female leads, but lets be real.

1 Like

I enjoyed Black Mirror as well, very creative episode. Started watch Handmaid’s Tale on Hulu, up to episode 4

1 Like

Warning, Handmaid’s Tale is good, but… very very depressing. Arguably the bleakest show I’ve ever watched

1 Like

Even bleaker than Requiem for a dream?

1 Like

Probably, it’s been a while since I saw Requiem, but Handmaid is definitely right up there. Every single episode is like being punched in the gut.

2 Likes

I read the book so I’m prepared

1 Like

It’s much, much worse than the book in terms of being very literal about what is happening. The book kinda glosses over this stuff, but the show … uh… does not…

1 Like

Harry Potter 1 & 2
I’m reading through the books with the kids, and we’re watching them as we finish each one.

7 Likes

Oh boy. So I have 3 seasons of darkness ahead. Friend said I should watch “I’m Sorry” on Netflix if I want a laugh, that will have to be next.

1 Like

Or you could always just watch the Office…

3 Likes