What do you use for shipping

Hi wondering what shipping method you guys use for BST nowadays? USPS ground / priority? I founded posts from like 10 yrs ago when priority shipping was still around $5 to $7 but i think prices are now doubled. Are missing packages really common for USPS ground?

2 Likes

i’d say the majority of people use ground advantage, if you use pirate ship you’ll get about $1 or $2 off shipping at other places. some lovely people will use priority shipping as a default, but it’s always good to ask beforehand.

in my MANY package experiences, ground advantage has lost one yoyo. this was resolved quickly with both usps and the seller, and i got the yoyo within two weeks of being lost. i wouldn’t fear it too much

5 Likes

USPS flat rate priority get it there in 2 business days. $10.40
USPS Ground Advantage it is called now from NY to CA - $6.15

On a Yearly volume of approx. 142.5 billion pieces of mail>

3%(lost forever)

• USPS processes and ships millions of mail pieces daily. Out of this number, about **3%**go missing and end up irreparably lost, which happens for several reasons. While that percentage does not sound like a lot, that is still 4.38 billion lost packages and mail yearly.

PS…. I’m 73, and I have been dealing with USPS since before most of your parents were even born. I honestly had ‘no idea’ they lose that much stuff🙀?

They still have the highest percentage of mail getting to the final destinations over the competition. I’ve had more trouble with DHL, UPS and FedEx, over the years.

Out here in California, for the last few years, one of the biggest problems is Mail stealing. Once the Covid thing was in full swing, it was normal,to see people with masks on. Amazingly made it very convenient for Porch Pirates to have a mask on to disguise there stupid faces.

Think of it this way> in the ‘old days’ the only time people wore masks in public was when they were robbing a bank or something, lol.

Then COVID changed things and the Rats came out to play. Covid and masks have kinda faded lately, but the thieves developed a system and are still using it: masks, hoodies, cars with no license plates, teams working with cell phone communication, following trucks, breaking into mail trucks, etc……

But…… unless you can drive to the other person and personally hand them a package, you gotta use ‘somebody’……

1 Like

Whatever pirate ship says is cheapest. Hasn’t lead me wrong yet

2 Likes

I typically do usps ground advantage or priority depending on the situation. Then I put it on my porch and schedule a pickup for the next day

1 Like

If I put something on my porch for next day pickup, it would get picked up the very same day…… by HBIPS…. Yes that’s right H-Bips>

Homeboys Bulky Item Pickup Service…:scream_cat:

2 Likes

I had a great snarky answer for this then I figured why bother. USPS ftw.

2 Likes

Oof! Yeah, if the package is small enough it’ll go in my mailbox or if it’s larger I will put it out front the day of pickup.

If you aren’t using pirateship you are most likely wasting money and time

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.