What do you do to get inspired?

Make up tricks, take a break from learning and create theme, then soon enough you will be motivated again:)

Try a different style of play

I wake up.

Don’t want to waste the day. Even if I’m just doing stuff I know, I’m getting better at stuff I know.

Watch Yuuki Spencer

I have been throwing for more than 4 years now, and I am on a really cool team, I hit that same point a while back, but I found that, like the other guy said, just explore other options, I mean there are 5 different styles out there, just take a break from 1a, then once you are at a good skill level in the other styles, go back to 1a and I bet you will be learning tricks like when you first started. :slight_smile:

I play other styles, and use the elements I learn in those styles in my 1a play. I take a break from the college grind and go home, sit in my room and play songs on my stereo and just yoyo for hours. I watch videos (especially older ones) of people like Paul Escolar, Guy Wright, Gerard Amento, and other really creative people that have unique and developed styles.

Even playing a different yoyo can help, it changes my perspective of what tricks to do and I do tricks that fit the yoyo. Like if I have something better for regens, I’ll do more regens etc.

Inspiration comes randomly though, that is just what I have done in the past to get that spark.

I just watch video’s of the people that inspire me to throw, Takeshi Makisato, Hank Freeman, Lim Aik Hwee, Augie Fash, Miggy, Tyler Severence, Ben Conde, Ian Johnson and others (the list is way too long to type every yoyoer that gives me inspiration to throw). Also helps when you practice more than just 1A

2 words:

Petr. Kavka.