What do you consider to be the top 3 bimetals?

the Vk SS is good, but it’s not fantastic. basically plays like a better czechpoint.

Masamune
Agonist 1.0
Isotope 2
Those are my bi metals I like to play I have 27 bi metals

My current favourites are:

1. YYR Draupnir

Light, Fast, Stable. A finely crafted precision tool with a unique feel. Given the cost compared to everything I had purchased up until that point, I was expecting a lot and honestly expecting to be disappointed. That could not have been further from the truth. I was absolutely floored the first time I threw it.

1. Sengoku Masamune

This is an extremely underrated throw. Throwing this the first time was very similar to throwing the Draupnir for the first time. I could not believe how good and unique the feel was. I wouldn’t say it plays or feels like the Draupnir. It’s more the quality of the feel that is similar: Light, Fast, Stable. However, while they both play like precision pieces of equipment, I actually find the Masamune to have a little more character and as such bring with it a little more fun.

1. C3 Berserker SS

The berserker is unique in my bi-metal collection as the only heavy bi-metal that cracks the top of my list. The trend in bi-metals, at least the good ones, seems to be light and fast. For the most part that fits the profile I enjoy the most in the ones I own. The heavier ones, while having that characteristic bi-metal feel, tend to play too heavy on the string and impart too much weight at the bottom of the throw. The berserker is the outlier. Don’t get me wrong, you feel the heft of this yoyo, the difference is that with the berserker you enjoy it. It is heavy, but nimble and consistent the entire throw. It doesn’t bang from bottom to bottom the way other throws do.

One more thing…

Sengoku Hideyoshi

My blue Hideyoshi arrived yesterday. I purchased it based on how impressed I’ve been with the first to Sengoku entries and some of the stellar comments it has been receiving on the forums. This tri-metal is in a class of its own. It is light, fast, stable and under 55mm. For something so small and light to provide the control it does seems impossible. If it were a bi-metal it might very well be #1 on my list.

1 Like

I happen to love my 2016 Superstar! Whats to laugh about?

He might think that YYF copied Recess’ Weekend.

Then he talks out of both sides of his mouth because here’s an earlier statement he made
that tells a different story: ::slight_smile:

The titanium yo-yo’s that I’ve used (Dream and Ricochet) didn’t really seem to have much character to me, while the bimetal yo-yo’s that I’ve used (Weekend, Pulsefire, Shift, Rave, Space Cowboy, Nightmare, 2016 Superstar, and many more) all seem to play just how I want them AND with style.

well, while he may mean that he also said in an earlier statement that the Big Dipper is durable as any other yoyo as any yoyo will last as long as it will if you treat it well. I don’t trust this guy. he says things in different threads.

although it is worth stating that he never said he disliked the 2016 superstar. in fact, it’s safe to say that he likes it. let’s keep commenting on what he had to say though this speculation is interesting. he should say vague things more often and see how they get contorted.

I realize that there are a lot of high end bi-metals people rank highly, but even on some of these top TEN lists, I don’t see any mention of the Space Cowboy. People often comment that it’s too heavy. Is there no love for the Cowboy? Do people just prefer fast throws? I prefer my SC over my Nightmare, just because it is stable as a rock, is super comfy and plays so chill.

I absolutely love the Cowboy. I like the kickback feel. Makes it something special to me, and gives me the feeling I can land anything.

Now that I think about it, I’ve owned over 50 throws, and only two bimetals. They play well, but I’m not good enough to really benefit from them. I don’t even know how anyone outside of the top 1-2% can tell the difference from a killer monometal to a bi-metal. To each his own.

I think you can tell the difference, it’s just that the difference probably doesn’t or shouldn’t matter at that level of play. “This stable as heck and long-spinning mono-metal gets me through my combos and I can learn new tricks and elements on it… but this bi-metal? Well… same tbh…”.

But I do think that in many bi-metals there is a feel that you just can’t achieve with a single aluminum.

I have to agree with you there. I didn’t phrase it right in my previous post. It’s does have a different feel, it just doesn’t greatly impact my play.

Well said!

My personal favorites are…

YYJ Phenom - It’s still soooo good! My Fav bi-metal.

YYF 2016 Superstar - lighter feeling than the cowboy
YYF Space Cowboy - It is a long spinning trick machine, but you can feel some heft.

I would be remiss to not include another of my favs, the YYJ NightMoves 5, it’s half-priced now as well.

I picked up a Sengoku Hideyoshi and a Masamune recently, and while I haven’t used every yoyo known, I can’t imagine that yoyos could get much better than these two.

Innovation and progress are a beautiful thing. While I certainly agree with your praise of these two; most- excellent yo-yo’s, I know deep in my heart that someday there will be another…

Off topic for the post, but continuing with the last post:

…coming full circle, Sengoku’s next yoyo which is a MONO-metal (but an alloy not yet used for yoyo) is said to blow all comers out of the water. So there’s that. Haha!