what do you consider a great yoyo video?

Yo!

been watching a lot of yoyo videos, automotive videos, done several, and even look at it as art, but I find it missing the definition of art! So to ask you all, what’s a great yoyo video in your mind? What does it have and what should it have? Intros? Outros? Music? Editing?

happy throwing!

I think it needs good editing for one, not just one camera angle the whole way through unless the point of the video is to show a specific combo or “one throw”. Interesting angles and scenery shots make for better watching, although one wouldn’t want to go overboard with cuts every other second because that would just get disorientating…

Music is important, as is editing the moves to go along with the music. The video should at least have a glimpse of the players face, not just their hands all the way through.

I don’t think outro’s are too much of an issue, but I think a good intro adds to a video. Nothing ridiculously long, but like seen in the video above, just a little something to set the mood before the moves come in.

I also believe that, like a freestyle, a lot of it comes down to the player themselves. If they’re standing perfectly still, robotically throwing with a bored look on their face, it’s not going to look as good as if they’re moving around a bit and throwing some style into their moves.

so:

Editing to music
Different camera angles
Good style + movement by player
A minor intro to set the mood

These are just a few things that come to mind. I’ve yet to make a video yet so I really hope I can eventually make one that fits the “artistic” catagory. :slight_smile:

Uhhh… Always remember kids, vibe is a yoyo enhancement.

1 Like

why arent we best friends?