What do you all think about a new Shutter

I think that YoYoFactory should release a new, better, yoyo than the Shutter Wide Angle. It could have an even wider width, not to mention thicker rims. Maybe even a little smaller in diameter. I even pitched a name the “Shutter 1080p”. And, the YoYoFactory Edge already has three yo-yos to its lineup. So why can’t the Shutter. YoYoFactory, if you are reading this, it’s just an idea. What about you YoyoExpert?

3 Likes

Well, there is another version of the Shutter called the Shu-Ta. It was Shu Takada’s take on the Shutter with some help from Gentry. It’s still available.

1 Like

Where is it available? I wanted to buy one but I was sold out

1 Like

Eh, it’s too much like the old shutter

1 Like

There is also the Shu-Ta 2 and technically the titanium shutter

1 Like

I believe in the AMA YoHans mentioned there are some new things in the works with Gentry.
Also, there are 5 yoyos (that I know of) in the Edge family: Wedge, KoOlau Edge, Edge, Edge Beyond, and now the Monster Edge, but these are the signatures of our current U.S. National and World 1A champion, so it’s to be expected. I’m sure whatever they are cooking up with Gentry is going to be awesome.

2 Likes

It was simply a tease :dizzy_face:

2 Likes

Im pretty sure there will be a sixth edge a hybrid edge.

2 Likes

my ideas on what gentry is working on:
7075 shutter
plastic/metal hybrid signature
bimetal

3 Likes

I was initially thinking a bimetal since he doesn’t have one, but a 7075 wide angle shutter would be awesome, and probably more his style. If he wanted a bimetal, he’d probably have one.

1 Like

Pfff 7075… 7068 baby!!

Although I hope it’s a significant design tweak, not just an ‘exact same thing, different material’ release.

4 Likes

I’m just looking for a really wide Shutter

2 Likes

MONSTER SHUTTER. That. Is. All.

5 Likes

Does YoYoFactory have plans for something like that?

4 Likes

Not that I know of. But that would be super cool wouldn’t it?

2 Likes

Totally

3 Likes

I can only give you a hint… because I do not work for YYF and I am not at liberty to say more than I will>

They are not ‘done’ tweaking the Shutter.

And if they do what I feel they are planning to do; you guys better wear turtleneck sweaters made outta sponge.

Cuz your brains are gonna melt😉

10 Likes

Good!!!

1 Like

Yeah, my theory was that it would be a Christmas thing but now i’m doubting it…

4 Likes

Purely based on Gentry’s YouTube channel alone, I feel like there will be an announcement very soon. He’s posted four times in the last month, and before that was when the Wide Angle came out, before that were new Replay Pro colors, a titanium Shutter…

6 Likes