What did you throw 2023?

RBC today. All these teasers of a Polycarb El Mijo have me wanting a plastic RBC…

31 Likes

Accelerated - Motion

29 Likes

24 Likes

25 Likes

29 Likes

25 Likes

What yall throwing this week?

27 Likes

Thoroughly enjoying my freshly siliconed and new bearing swapped Wooly Marmot 1. This was my first CLYW back in the day, I’ve had it for forever and still love how much fun I have throwing it.

33 Likes

Does it feel like a mini Peak in your opinion (as in float and play) or just a different animal altogether.

Example, the Pickaxe doesn’t play like a mini Chief, it’s a different animal (which I still love )

2 Likes

what a classic!

2 Likes

G2 Carbine :heart:

21 Likes

Oh that’s really pretty spinning…

3 Likes

Been throwing these all day. I knew I was going to like the Emotion but damn it’s so good in every aspect. Don’t sleep on this one

31 Likes

Tinman and tacos.

24 Likes

Yeah, definitely agree the Pickaxe doesn’t feel much like a Chief at all.

The Peak and Wooly Marmot definitely have more similarities. While you’re obviously not going to get that full sized feel, the best way I could describe a WM1 in relation to a Peak is that the WM1 is a lot more “nimble” and “zippier,” while the Peak has more power and heft. The shape and hand feel is verryyy close but the play has those slight differences.

The closest thing to a WM1 in my opinion is actually a Hatrick. Both the WM1 and the Hatrick were my favorite two undersized yoyos for years and years back in the day - and I realized recently that it’s because they’re so similar. They have similar weight distribution and are nearly identical dimensions wise. VERY similar throwing experience between the two.

Here’s some comparison shots for you king:

WM1 and Hatrick

WM1 and Peak

23 Likes

someone needs to make that

2 Likes

Thank you brother, and the picture comparisons are much appreciated.

That’ll be the next thing to hunt for then, a WM1. Still going to be pricey, but nowhere near a Peaks pricing, especially if I can find one with love marks

3 Likes

Man that is beautiful!!!

1 Like

Karasu

22 Likes

Thanks for the love on the emotion. Agree with you 100%, the play feel is out of this world fun for a mono with that much stability/performance

4 Likes