5 Likes

I too have a Martian in hand today:

Red ultra lights and Zipline Skyline III

39 Likes

Back to bearings for March!

25 Likes

My Hydrogen Crash got its first love marks

20 Likes

Can either of you Martians (@Exmime @Raindog3030 ) compare to Gravity? I guess I haven’t really looked at the specs, but I’m wondering how they compare in play feel.

5 Likes

The big difference is in size, it is just bigger but it also feels even bigger and playes bigger than the Canvas and D7 even though the specs are almost identical. It is also Schmoove grooved instead of a response bump like Gravity, so more of a higher wall. From a size perspective it is in-between Gravity and YWETI. It also has the 21mm (Snowtire) response pads, one of the only side effects compatible ti too do so. I’ve had it for a little bit now and I think its perfect. Though Gravity is also awesome, it feels tiny after a session with Martian.

6 Likes

The pay it forward Centrifugal today.

23 Likes

i think i missed your poll, but im shocked that the string groove isnt more popular in the US, far and away the easiest to use lol

2 Likes

Same! Even with Duncan dice it feels like such a process. I always measure my string by having it attached to the yoyo on the floor, so I’ve gotta remove the string from the yoyo after cutting to put a Duncan dice/bead weight on.

I am the embodiment of lazy comp yoyo player. I will spend hours recording tricks/practicing, but needing to spend 10 extra seconds to remove the string and put it on a second time? Now you’re just asking way too much of me LOL

6 Likes

this is EXACTLY why I prefer the slipknot groove!! why do i have to destring/restring my yoyo, or have 2 completely separate strings handy in order to enjoy some 5A with my 1A yoyos?!

have you used duncan’s candy dice? those have the grooves and I’m tempted to snag a white one to match my new white freehand

5 Likes

I haven’t, but I really wish they’d include the Duncan candy dice with at least one variant of Freehand One. They look super nice tbh, I like the 3D printed og candy dice a lot, and the Duncan molded version just seems nicer.

2 Likes

I’m all about the string groove. Below is what I rotate with. I have others, just don’t use them.
I probably use the Reactor the most, today even. The weight and feel is great.

24 Likes

I have 3 reactor weights lol, its such a good one

4 Likes

The post-FAF recovery Throwtation™️

MCMO, '22 'Squatch, DD Kanto, MANIAX Butterfly

23 Likes

Swapped the original caps on my white FH1 for the Unknown Hyper style caps. Dare I say it’s probably my favorite looking yoyo… ever? :fire::fire::fire:

30 Likes

All this love for the string groove counterweights. I feel so vindicated. YYN is dead but here I stand, still correct.
All I have ever used for counterweights is homemade string groove ones using dice from other hobbies and a pocketknife saw. By the time I got my hands on an official duncan counterweight, I just found it to be a hassle to attach.

2 Likes

28 Likes

66e5a3ae4b4b5770dad54ca00e8caaa44d3d1793

23 Likes

Who made the ones with eyes? They’re creepy

2 Likes

They’re called Eyeball, made by Sho1.

2 Likes