What did you throw 2023?

love that you noticed <3 sadly he’s at home and i’m at work =[. i miss that lil archer boi tho

2 Likes

This has happened with nearly half of the yoyos I’ve purchased in the last 8-10 months, irrespective of the yoyo brand, place of purchase, bearing style, etc.

I don’t know what it is that’s happening, but I feel like something’s happening with bearings lately.

7 Likes

In my entire time playing yoyo (the past two years) I’ve never recieved a yoyo that had a bearing stay unresponsive for more than 10-15 minutes out of the box. I’ve tried continuing to play them but they never break in and I just have to clean them.

I’m guessing it’s just something about the environment where I live.

People who say they’ve never cleaned a bearing are wild to me. I’d have gone through thousands at this point lol.

9 Likes

Today was a bad day. Someone I love died and then an hour later I dinged my inhaler.

Throw a mean gt for me today

21 Likes

10+ years of no bearing cleaning. My laziness and cheapness is unmatched ( I just use the best bearing I have in the most recent yo-yo I bought)

5 Likes

Really sorry to hear that man. I landed my first triple Brent last night so that was for you!

3 Likes

That has to SCREAM with a ceramic!! How does it play / sound?

2 Likes

I wish I could play it proper. :grin:

@rnsy #snowberry

29 Likes

Anyone play “air yoyo”? Kinda like “air guitar”.

3 Likes

A little 5A Snack. It’s actually an awesome player but a little challenging.

25 Likes

Can’t get enough of this guy, it’s my EDC for sure!

24 Likes

thanks for sharing your experience, now I rarely buy anything so I have no way of realizing but two out of two CTs seemed like a worrying average or a coincidence… but evidently it’s more the first hypothesis…

2 Likes

believe it or not me most of the bearings i have i don’t need to clean them for years. The Kalesons that were used by Auldey in 2009-2010 I have cleaned two or three times since then and they are perfect, one is installed on Thatd Impact and another on Sleipnir. And this applies to all bearings from One Drop, General-yo, YYF, YYR, etc etc. Evidently the quality of construction in recent years has gone down a lot…

1 Like

plays very well, looks like a full-fledged aluminum yoyo, it’s really amazing! as for the sound, it’s not very different from a normal bearing, it’s ceramic, not full-ceramic, but you’ve given me the idea, I’ll even try a full one!

2 Likes

Here’s my set up for 5A May.
DocPop Bolt and a leather eyeball CW by Sho1.

33 Likes

Haven’t put a counterweight on a yo-yo in many many years. This is the only counterweight I have and it’s older than any other throw I own.

A-rt diptych

26 Likes

Went looking for a string for my Rebirth and picked up the Benchmark O instead!

33 Likes

Been a bit since this one’s come off the shelf.

30 Likes

The clear dice pairs so nicely with the Snowberry :slight_smile: love it.

4 Likes

An old CLYW…:pick:

31 Likes