What did you throw 2023?

Lovely please report back with the findings😅

3 Likes

Yo thanks for dropping this playlist here I desperately needed this…watched it twice already and it’s super helpful to see theory and general Yoyo concepts talked about in a YouTube video instead of just like a specific trick tutorial.

3 Likes

YJYoyo Roll Machine, so good :heart_eyes_cat:

26 Likes

this sounds like there’s a story here…. What do you mean by pushed out?

Looks like their last video was five years ago.

2 Likes

Something something people got mad at them for being elitist/gatekeeping what was and wasn’t tech.

It kinda feels like in the yoyo community you get bullied for taking trick theory seriously, and just generally caring a lot. Something about it being cringe to care too much, because “it’s just a toy.”

Was probably a lot of factors, but I wasn’t around for it, so all I’ve got to go by is hearsay.

Regardless their videos were absolutely foundational for a lot of people like me, who used those videos to build a framework for understanding trick creation on a deeper level than “just do a trick you know wrong” or “just mash up elements of tricks you already know.”

11 Likes

Dang…there are people everywhere that like putting up fences and people that like knocking them down and I think that’s just like a human thing idk about this specific instance or anything and I like to just bounce around and freestyle and explore to make up “tricks” now because it’s not set yet it’s just goofy stuff that keeps getting refined and added too for now and I’m a fence smasher and that guy also starts the video like use this however you want in speed combos or whatever in the intro so it’s a bummer they stopped making vids… other stuff could have happened too and I don’t know I do like that there is standardized vocabulary so I don’t have to make up my own and sound like a yo-yo philistine and I picked up a ton of vocab

5 Likes

:see_no_evil::hear_no_evil::speak_no_evil:

22 Likes

Don’t take this the wrong way but this sentence made me smile. Period.

5 Likes

I present a Fat State and… I’m not sure what to call the other two without getting banned.
As usual, no vibe on these goofball side effects swaps. Just have to slow dance to stay frontstyle. Mixing a deep state into an unresponsive imparts no responsiveness but a lot of gyro motion necessitating the slow dancing.
The KunTire (I guess) actually plays quite well.

22 Likes

Hah lol good! I wouldn’t take that the wrong way I’m glad it made you smile! It is a very long sentence tho I was rushing lol

2 Likes

Been alternating between the two today. Red one is standard, gold one has a fixed bearing in it. This thing rips as a fixie. Thanks for the rec @Xanadu!

29 Likes

24 Likes

So glad to share. :pray:

1 Like

420 Day

30 Likes

Early morning sesh

23 Likes

Throwing the deep state with brass side effects(anti yo hearts pictured) Hands down my favorite slimline, fits in the pocket perfectly to take everywhere!

29 Likes

Baby Bingus Blue CBD (420 Light)

No Filter A-RT

31 Likes

Still the DD Emotion. It’s just a fun and cool throw. I debated putting this in the mail thread because I also got some Sochi XL in today. Very nice, thick string, and this baby blue color goes nice with everything :grin:

I also keep picking up the Pano. I think the description of it fits perfectly—just one that’s always available. Love the Sochi on it, too.

28 Likes

27 Likes

420 lite - purple kush

29 Likes