What did you get in the mail today? 2021

Where do I get one of these?

3 Likes

Bittersweet mail day today. I knew if I bought enough yo-yo’s I’d eventually get one I didn’t like. I just didn’t expect it to be a One Drop. While the Burnside totally exceeded my expectations this one falls short. I’m really upset too because this is my first Saturday market colorway. Also finally received my Buddha bearings over a month after ordering. At least JD threw in a few extras, but geez what a pain.

18 Likes

Try installing different side effects in it, like flat caps or ultralights. Spikes can look cool, but they are adding unnecessary weight sometimes.

4 Likes

What don’t you like about it? Just curious.

3 Likes

Just like I can’t tell you why I like my other One Drops especially the Burnside I can’t tell you why I don’t like this one. All the others just seem to have their own awesome personality and feel and the Silhouette just feels lifeless and uncomfortable to me. It’s dead smooth but just feel clunky on the string at least to me and I’m far from an expert.

5 Likes

I understand. It’s personal preference, not a defect. You can just resell it. I’m sure someone will buy it. Saturday market yo-yos always seem in demand on here.
So far I have not found that yo-yo I don’t care for. I prefer some shapes and weights, but I really love the diversity of them. One may feel floaty, another can feel powerful.
This is why we need a brick and mortar yo-yo shop where you can take a test drive.
I agree on the Burnside. That thing is on another level.

4 Likes

You just need to attend some yoyo contest’s when they start back up.

5 Likes

Seattle is not far from me so there’s PNWR. Whenever life goes back to normal I will definitely go.
They also just announced new dates for emerald city comic con at the Seattle convention center.
So maybe hopefully within the next year :crossed_fingers:

2 Likes

Yeah I’m going to throw it on the BST along with all this extra string I’ve accumulated in the process of trying to determine what is my favorite. Who knows maybe a cool trade will present itself.

4 Likes

What’s wrong with it

2 Likes

Nothing other than it’s not my personal preference. Blemish free and dead smooth.

5 Likes

That’s fair. I find it helpful to hold on to a throw for a bit and see if it may grow on you after a bit vs flipping it right away.

7 Likes

100% agree with this. I’ve had throws I hated and then picked up a week later and found a way to appreciate them and wonder what was wrong with me to begin with

9 Likes

I’d just gotten this string theory pack from Big Bang Bandalores and my god, THIS STRING IS CRUNCHY. I’ve missed this feeling so much. this truthfully reminds me of Angel Hair and just ugh, the color is amazing, and the string feel like it’s going to strangle my finger on first throw. I love it.

16 Likes

Also useful for towing boats…breaks in nice though!

5 Likes

I’ll always be sure to carry a survival pack of String Theory with me just in case there are any boats that need towing, I mean, just look at this poor neglected baby!

5 Likes

:laughing: All jokes aside, this string cuts air… but takes a while to break in. See Whippy’s gram(https://www.instagram.com/p/BafXtC4BpLY/) if theres any doubt. Give it some time…it’ll love ya back. Thanks for the support!

4 Likes

Yeah, and that’s what I love about this type of string, it’s not difficult per say, but different to use before break in, but afterwards it’s like the string fairy came and swapped string while you were asleep because they can feel so drastically different from the package and really truly gets better with age.

3 Likes

Shoutout to @Rosenberg for the awesome SK! Been wanting a fancy colorway of this for a long while now! And massive shoutout to @GhostofSullivan for giving me a heads up about the listing!

31 Likes

ywet another YWET!

This one is extra special, powder coated by Wesley Cheng but instead of the normal “sticky” feeling most powder coated yo-yos have, this one feels like a textured surface like if it were blasted and anodized; IMO it actually feels pretty close to Slip Matte®!
In addition to the cool powder coating, it weighs a bit less than other YWETs, coming in at 66g with Anti-Yo side effects. As a fan of lighter yo-yos (which is strange bc YWETs are generally about 68-70g, they carry their weight well I guess), I love this!

40 Likes