What did you get in the mail today? 2021

How does it play? Do you have a Bliss to compare it to?

3 Likes

Never thought i would own one of these.

43 Likes

Why? These are still popping here and there sometimes, despite the fact they were released four years ago. There are many yoyos which are much, much harder to find and catch! :smiley:

3 Likes

they still pop up, but their price has only steadily increased as well from what i’ve seen, which can definitely be a large factor in whether someone can add it to their collection when it does pop up. I saw full mint in box raw tipeaks going for ~$325 last summer, now they’re going for ~$400; if you’re after a purple glass dust or AMS2488 the price is even higher.

6 Likes

This right here.

6 Likes

That’s so awesome

5 Likes

I had to really think about this one as I’ve been collecting lately rather than practising and I just didn’t want to say any yoyo.

I haven’t played the Bliss, but specs wise the Ignorance is 1mm less wide and less than a gram heavier.

I started to go through my yoyo collection.
Similar shape to the Crusade, the Crusade is bigger and plays way lighter. Similar size to the Recess Komodo but that’s a monometal that plays heavier than the Ignorance.

I can’t find a yoyo it plays similar to.

Overall the Ignorance is a good yoyo. One downside (or upside) is the bearing seat is really tight. Couldn’t get a 10 ball KK bearing or a Difeyo ceramic KK bearing to fit. Managed to get a YYR DS bearing on.

If there any yoyos you want me to compare it to just DM me or here if anyone else is interested and if I have them I’ll compare them for you.

7 Likes

Finally getting around to taking a pic. its time for new string.

26 Likes

extremely thoughtful gift from a fellow yoer… it is something very special for a yoyo nonyoyo mailday

16 Likes

GBP came in today! Outstanding design by @G2_Jake and loving the mystery color selection too.

29 Likes

New strings. I’m loving the Slicc’s. Plush are ok, but the Slicc is so nice.

25 Likes

Kind of an accidental aggregate mail day here, but it’s full of fire. I stayed with my parents over the winter and ended up changing my address for a few things I’d pre-ordered (the MCMO and Saber), then the Recess stuff is from an old order that got lost in their kerfuffle so Tyler re-shipped to my parents (because it’s a known good address), and the Fluchs was accidentally sent here (shipping addresses got mixed up); the only one that’s a recent package is the YWETs haha. Anyways I’m back at their place (earlier than expected and for longer than I thought due to some personal stuff), and had these goodies to greet me:

Dino First Base Recess Bag Recess Shirt
Static Black Nickel YWET all black Ended Fluchs Nickel MCMO
DRI-YWET clear MCMO Japan engraving Saber
28 Likes

Got the new Sochi 2 yoyo bag in today. A bit bigger than I thought it would be, but it’ll be perfect for short trips.

20 Likes

Huge package from yysl today :heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes:

11 Likes

I got one too. Came today. Pretty cool. A lot of the time I wish I only had three yoyos. Two in this case and one in my pocket and never wanting any more. Very do-able and perhaps I will make it happen one day! I’d actually like a smaller case for 2.

6 Likes

I don’t get the fascination with minimalism in yoyoing… to me half the fun is collecting… YoYos are sooooo cheap compared to collecting other hobbies and I personally emjoy picking something different up each time I throw. I have over 100 YoYos trying to pick my favorites let alone down to a small number would be more stress than it’s worth

10 Likes

It’s not a fascination with minimalism at all. I’ve never really been interested in collecting. I do appreciate the uniqueness of the 150-165 yoyos I have but 80% of them I would have no problem giving away if I meet more apprentices because they are yoyos I am not particularly attached to or doubles.

6 Likes

howd u get it?

2 Likes

I guess I can relate a little but they’re such cheap art pieces I honestly enjoy looking at them on the wall when not throwing. They feel kinda like a low tier investment too like baseball cards etc so I feel they’d only go up in value could be wrong though

4 Likes

GBP

24 Likes