What did you get in the mail today? 2021

Very cool. I don’t always care for fades but I dig those edge fades

4 Likes

Love the mirror display

2 Likes

I really like the look of this. Where did you get it?

2 Likes

Also do you have a clyw chief to compare the otter to, I saw a review on a chief and its really good but I might like the otter more

2 Likes

Couldn’t agree more, I have no more than 3 or 5 at a time.

I enjoy others collections these days. I remember a loooooooong time ago when I tried to have the glow in the dark collection then the all clear collection mannnn :grin: couldn’t dream of having more than than 5 now.

2 Likes

Yeah I’ve got the Chief! I can be sure to include it into the review! :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Looks like they tweaked a Shutter and came up with this.

1 Like

Pretty sure they tweaked a Supernova. Thus the name.

5 Likes

Damn, that’s a nice paint scheme.

1 Like

You can never master throwing a wheel, it’s like chess in that way. I think it’s a little too easy to get into these days, with unresponsive and ball-bearings.

Once you learn to bind you are set.

Back in the day with responsive you had to learn how to actually make the yo-yo sleep/hesitate and awaken him from said slumber, then try to do whatever trick/maneuver within that space/timeframe or before that yo-yo died from spin deprivation.:grin: Fixed axle made this even more difficult/challenging.

These days everything is a bit TOO easy. Not that I am totally against it. So it’s easy to get started, get a little progress then plateau.

Easy to learn tricks, YOUTUBE etc. Everything is easy. Too easy sometimes. So I tie a slimline/modified wheel to my finger a think nostalgic thoughts while trying to do some of the newish sh… ummm… stuff with that limitation on shape and size that the widest modern butterfly would provide.

4 Likes

I find nothing easy about Kwyjibo, for instance. After two years of trying to master that trick, I still can’t land it consistently and I have some of the finest unresponsive yoyos money can buy. Feh. :confounded:

8 Likes

Three monochromatic stunners (Freehand 1 AL, Bacchus, 401k Espionage edition)

Also got what is now the biggest throw in my collection, the Chameleon (Bacchus for scale)

24 Likes

Got a buttery smooth Looper and amazing undersized delrin from @Glenacius_K
Incredible craftsmanship as always

24 Likes

Peregrine

21 Likes

What is the Bacchus like?
I have been tempted on several occassions.

8 Likes

You will eventually and it will be soooo satisfying for you!

3 Likes

24 Likes

Sweet. I get the same green with rainbow rims for my birthday this Saturday.

4 Likes

Not quite a yo-yo, but received it in the mail just yesterday.

18 Likes

Just got the new magnolia from hydrangea and I 100% recommend it. Possibly a little bit better than my quercus but I’ll see after the honeymoon period. It seems faster even though it’s slightly heavier and they adjusted several of the edges to be smoother on it. Also hydrangea has been hit or miss on smoothness but this was definitely a hit.

21 Likes