What did you get in the mail today? 2021

15 Likes

Ti Peak!

29 Likes

Two of my faves. The Hypothesis is fantastic and so is the Exia. I’m not sure which I like better overall, so I got two of each.

6 Likes

I wasn’t too impressed by the Exia and Hypothesis and out of the three that I have played I like the BARBARiAN the most. I say that now but will probably change my mind about in a few weeks.
Who knows?

5 Likes

Just curious, but can you describe how the barbarian plays?

1 Like

Actually this YoyoPalace Ethereal came yesterday in a Mystery box.
I am really happy with it so far. Glass smooth and long spin time. Seems very stable as well.
Grinds as well as any yoyo I own.
I was actually thinking of picking one up, so I was very happen when I opened the box.

26 Likes

I’m thinking of picking one up as well. Does it feel heavy on the string?

1 Like

I would have to answer yes a bit. More than my iceberg, but those are the only two bi-material yoyos I own. But… I haven’t put it down yet😁

4 Likes

Hey! You finally tracked one down! :hugs:

3 Likes

Yep! So excited

3 Likes

That Peak looks very fresh.

5 Likes

Such a puuuurty throw!

3 Likes

I didn’t know they changed the material to 7075. I thought they were using 6061. Interesting. I just got mine and I love it but I am curious about the old one now.

2 Likes

Gosh this Ridgeline is pretty. Thank you Golden Hour Yoyos! What a steal, a 7075 beast for 50 bucks. There are still a few left on their site if you’re feeling envious…

22 Likes

This is a great yoyo.

6 Likes

The BARBARiAN is smooth, like no finger nail vibe at all. Grinds really well. Can’t do fingerspins but seems like it would be good at it as there is a ridge on the cup inside and the finish is smooth too. Feels floaty on the string. It’s wide without feeling overly wide.
I’m not an expert level player still learning kamikaze (can do the mount so far) so not to sure what else I can say about it.
I think it’s definitely worth it for a monometal, plays better than some of my more expensive bi-metals.
If you’re thinking about getting one I would say go for it and you won’t be disappointed.

3 Likes

Thanks for the review :grin:. I used to be interested in it a while back but couldn’t find any reviews of it. Gonna have to think about it again if I ever get to buy another monometal (there are so many to choose from :sweat_smile:)

btw, can you do the whip to kamikaze or are you still working on that?

3 Likes

I can do the first whip in that video and not the other 2

5 Likes

I’m struggling with the other two as well. Sometimes, the second whip happens out of nowhere but the third just seems impossible :sweat_smile:. Anyways, good luck with your tricks and I hope your enjoy your new throws :+1:!

3 Likes

Thanks dude! Yeh I’ve landed the second one on a fluke too. Guess ill just have to keep practicing. Landed the beef hook once and haven’t been able to land it since :upside_down_face:

4 Likes