What did you get in the mail today? 2021

I wouldn’t necessarily call this one mail day (since I was gone for about a week and a half so stuff was being held at USPS) but I technically did get them all yesterday. Sales + tax return season + people offering up lots of grails = big ol’ mail day.

Left to right top to bottom
YYF Catch-22 CLYW Unknown Akita CLYW Pickaxe
YYF F.A.S.T. White 401k Espionage YYF 08 888 TheYo.com YYF Metavity G2 Unicorn Road Reaper G2 Respawn Light proto YYF Impact YYR Diffusion Team Losi Green A-Line Cherry Bomb
Guy With A YoYo Silver Saboteur SPYY Silver Pistolero 2 SPYY Skyy Chaser (D-bearing) Anti-Yo Fluchs Freshly Dirty teal/brown Moldy Bread Spencer Berry Theodore #91

I’m unsure if the white 401k espionage is the eggshell finish or not. Was that only on the YYN edition ones?

Non-yoyo stuff
200x Yellow Sochi Normal
3x CLYWxiYoYo Pixel Bearing 8pk Duncan Silicon Stickers 13.7mm/.555in
7x R2FG pads 3x 12pk YYF pads variety pack
G2 Banshee t-shirt ( from patreon)

It’s the next FSYB throw, PV44 is the working name IIRC.

29 Likes

you are correct sir, you should be seeing it any day

7 Likes

Pv44, followup to project y

6 Likes

not a yoyo but just as good

14 Likes

this is a very good book… not just if you’re interested in the yoyo business… but, it is good ‘yoyo reading’

4 Likes

This is impressive. Hit me up if you dislike that Respawn haha.

3 Likes

I still have not read it yet but I love books and this already looks super impressive to me

4 Likes

Hell yeah. How do I get one

3 Likes

21 Likes

You mean excessive, right? :grin: I try to keep savings for individual grails separate from my regular yoyo budget so I’m prepared to drop the dough if one appears. Well, three big bois happened to pop up in like one week, hence this absurd mail day haha. One of the benefits of single living during a pandemic, few expenses outside standard living expenses since there’s not much to do.

Anyways, the Respawn Light is interesting! It’s been a while since I’ve played the original Respawn so I don’t have the best frame of reference to compare to that. It feels kind of like a winged Alleycat with how light it is and also reminds me of the Butterfly XT in a good way, like the lighter weight is nice for stalls and those types of tricks, but the Respawn Light definitely spins longer than the XT (at least with my limited skills using it).

3 Likes

PV44

53x44mm 62g 7068 AL

This will be testing over the next several weeks with many of our different FSYB Team Members… after that we’ll determine what happens next…

Project Y is available in the interim :wink::heart:

22 Likes

Beautiful Surveillance! I was thinking of getting one of those new gold ones, but they sold out too quickly.

What is that red one? I don’t recognize the “SoSERIOUS” logo.

1 Like

Yeh I tried to get one from the mowl site but they sold out everytime I put 1 in my basket and was gone in 2 minutes (tried with 4 different versions) and I completely missed the YYE drop as I’m in the UK.

I don’t actually know much about SoSERIOUS but it looked like something I would enjoy and have been eyeing it since it came out last year so I thought I would take a chance. It’s called the Prometeo (yoyocrema edition) the engraving on the side is quite jokes (not sure if I can post it here though).
Haven’t given it enough time for my final thoughts but so far it’s a good yoyo.

I would apologise for the pictures but I had to make sure that it was blurred at that part. (Again, I don’t know if I can post it here)

12 Likes

This one plays really nice! YYF Shu-Ta that I picked up from @NardDog

15 Likes

Just got the new 7075 surveillance to compare it to the old 6061 and I was surprised that I thought the old version was better. The new version they really pushed the weight out to the rims and lightened it up so it gives it more of a competitive feel without any of the flowy mid weight feeling of the throw it used to be. I took a picture of the cups to show the weight distribution difference.

23 Likes

So those new purple/gold/et. al surveillances are 7075? gotta track down an old one now then haha.

Do you have a Surveil/have you played a surveil? If so how does it compare to the 7075 vs 6061 versions?

4 Likes

Haven’t tried the surveil yet but I’ve been watching the bst for one. @Isaac

4 Likes

So glad I was home when it was delivered!

22 Likes

20 Likes

Ti-Vayder!

Only thing I’ve thrown since I got it…

23 Likes