What did you get in the mail today? 2021

Got a @Markmont edition DaCapo and my sample from the @MattB YYSL Nytro+ giveaway!

DaCapo plays awesome, going to throw a counterweight on it I think.

Nytro+ is a touch loose and thick for my taste normally, but it’s got a great texture and I have a couple throws that need something just like it! Little canister is fudging sweet!

27 Likes

what are the strengths and weaknesses?

1 Like

The only thing is spin time mine came over lubed easy enough fix so I wouldn’t call it a weakness YoYoFactory SPOTLIGHT - First THROW & IMPRESSIONS - YouTube Lucas pretty much sums it up

2 Likes

A consolidated mail day this week. Work has been super busy, one of my teammates was out on vacation (since they’re on-call next week), another is sick (thankfully “just” the flu and not COVID), and then with a lot of people taking all of next week off there was just a lot going on. So to give myself something to look forward to aside from the holidays, I told myself I wouldn’t open anything I got this week until Friday after work, and well, these are the results:

YoYoRecreation SYFO Jake Bullock Higby painted Slam Dunk Thesis Da Capo Markmont. RSO Soaking YWET YWETi (!!!) Luftverk AMS2488 Evora 2020
A-RT painted Squib UNPRLD orange rim-dipped Recognition Jake Bullock orange/red Slim Dunk Good Life Valley One Drop clear Panorama

I’m really looking forward to putting each of these through their paces this weekend and with my time off next week!

I feel the same way about the regular Nytro, just isn’t the string for me so I know the + version would be similar, but I totally get why people like it. The rest of the pack I got will make for some nice add-ins to BST packages though!

21 Likes

Some Freshly Dirty Mod44 Slim Jimmies :crazy_face:
52 grams of Modern Responsive

25 Likes

I’ve got a problem.

20 Likes

I might be biased because I just love undersized yoyos, but I think the Diamond Virgin is one of the best undersized yoyos in my collection. It might not match a full sized TP in terms of stability and power but compared to others around its size it’s very good. It out performs the TP2 and I like it better than the counter jet, both of which are a bit larger.

7 Likes

Dude thats super dope, kinda makes me want to grab one of them. Knowing I can go from unresponsive to responsive in one yoyo is pretty sick. Assuming you just dropped a slim bearing in the c-bearing mod44?

7 Likes

Yeah that’s the Slim Jimmies kit, comes with a 1/2 spec and a smaller axle, plus extra Mod 44 o-rings. The weight is spot on, and the response is snappy as well.

7 Likes

Ok, I got these on Thursday, but…

This SM Nitro is really stunning.

The Saboteur has taken a spot in the top 5 on my all time favorites list. I was pretty blown away the first time I threw it, and it is still an absolute joy to play. Already hoping for a rerelease in 7068/SS/Ti, although I’d imagine that deep schmoove and the droplet cup would be hell to machine in titanium. Good job, GWAY.

23 Likes

Get a C bearing mod44 and you won’t be disappointed. It’s kinda surreal having one single yoyo that does unresponsive, responsive, and even offstring competently. It’s so cool too knowing there’s always potentially more stuff down the road for it with 3D printed rims.

10 Likes

Wow that’s high praise! I’m honestly not expecting full sized stability from an undersized yoyo, just heard some reviews of the yoyo that said it wasn’t as stable as they expected it to be. I collect undersized yo-yos as well so I’m always trying to get more into my collection, looks like I should be on the lookout for one of these.

5 Likes

Hadn’t even considered printing offstring rims. Why do I not have one of these yet!?!

4 Likes

How do you think the rims would work with the D-bearing hub and a flat, lubed D bearing?

3 Likes

I’d imagine the gap would still just be too wide. I’ve played 4A with a lubed full size/gap C bearing yoyo and needing to do a wrap or two around the bearing before being able to bind is very not fun and makes regens incredibly hard. From people with G2 Respawns it also seems like greased up D bearings with normal D bearing pads aren’t as good for 0A as a half spec C bearing. The D bearing hub definitely seems a lot more limited in options but maybe people will make some cool stuff focused on how they feel in that hub.

Edit: I thought you were responding to TheThrowingGnome’s post about 4A rims oops my bad

3 Likes

These rims are a lot lighter than my Layer Infinity rims that I currently have on my D Mod 44 hub. That set up could be interesting, as the gap would be wider than the 1/2 spec, both rims have a similar undercut to them creating a big Schmoove type groove on the inner wall. I might have to try that out. Again if you have a 3D printer or access, I believe you can also download the file for the rims. I sanded the Jimmies rims down a little bit on the edge and its definitely a fun Modern Responsive set up, as it feels lighter than the 52 grams and they are a great diameter.

4 Likes

I kinda like the Respawn for 0A, it’s more the weight that keeps it from being my top choice.
But the Respawn Light really addresses that issue, and it nudges it up quite a bit for me.

Gotta admit my favorite 0A throws are A-bearings, though.

4 Likes

I’ve been meaning to pick up some of the Layer Infinity stuff. I’m waiting to see if I get a 3D printer for the holidays this year, but I may break down and just buy some.

4 Likes

GWAY Daredevil. I liked the Copper fade so much that this Gladiator edition was a no-brainer.

19 Likes

That is indeed cool looking.

3 Likes