What did you get in the mail today? 2021

Looks like one of the lavender “victory lap” (re-release) Sparrows that came out back at the end of August.

2 Likes

I really like it!

I have a Kuntosh QV which is really nice and this Kuntosh is very similar with some minor differences. The shape is surprisingly comfortable in the hand despite being a collection of angles. The Kuntosh has a irg which I always like seeing on throws, they seem to have gradually been fazed out of more modern releases but it’s always nice to have the option of doing a quick thumb grind. And of course the Side Effects are another great feature.

I’d highly recommend it if you’re looking for a throw that can handle a variety of tricks, comfortable shape and powerful spins.

The only downside is that it doesn’t fit very well in my pocket!

4 Likes

I got this kappa today and it reminds me a lot of the life.

24 Likes

I got this Throwtation ™️ stand from @TheThrowingGnome along with this printed fixie! Stand is great (file created by @Kray ) and the fixie is an amazing proof of concept. The Gnome is on to something and I will be watching closely!

28 Likes

Also this bad mamma jamma made it through USPS looking like hell warmed over, but all contents survived!

Don’t sleep on the 420 Lites! Been looking for one for months before the new batch was announced. (If you have a purple, and would like to halfswap, get at me.)

26 Likes

Thank you for the kind words glen!! Just saw this, glad you’re enjoying it so much!

3 Likes

20 Likes

It does kind of feel like a plastic. It has a lot of extra power compared to how a plastic of this size and shape would play though. Normally a plastic this small and organic would not be very stable.

3 Likes

Is that light brown 420 light from the new batch?

2 Likes

Clear announced today. I got in a little early due to a previous order issue the boys were making right because they are awesome. Clear and purple swap would be hawt tho.

6 Likes

I finally got my grubby little hands on an Assassin! My first Dressel Designs throw was the 5050, which I absolutely loved, so I was anxious to try the Assassin. I couldn’t tell if I was more excited or scared to give it its inaugural throw, as I was hoping that I’d like it as much as the 5050 but was worried that I had gotten my hopes up too high and I’d be disappointed. Thankfully, it surpassed my expectations and I instantly fell for it. Despite being similar in weight, it has a very different feel on the string than the 5050 and complements it well. Before comparing the specs, I figured the Assassin was heavier because it felt more powerful to me, but apparently, that’s my over-active imagination. It’s a lot of fun to throw, as it’s got spin time to spare, great stability, snappy binds, and feels great in my hand. I’m a sucker for undersized throws, and that combined with the stainless steel makes this one fantastic-looking yoyo. Mail days like this one with an absolute stunner don’t come along very often, and it’s made my day. Thanks, Patrick, for another fantastic throw!

23 Likes

Great pic!! Glad it lived up to your expectations!! Honestly a big fear of mine was my 5050 not living up to the assassin for those that had it and vice versa, but they actually complement each other very well!

4 Likes

I got this NQP Panorama. Not much lives up to the hype, but, this seems to. At least, it fits well with my style of play

24 Likes

21 Likes

Nice score!! How does it play?

2 Likes

This dude has been sitting at customs for a week but it just came home.

Saboteur

28 Likes

I’m actually not 100% sure, but I would be interested in finding out more about it haha.

2 Likes

how is the spotlight?

3 Likes

It’s awesome :ok_hand: super fun. Great binds, grinds and fingerspins looks amazing and plays lighter then it looks. It’s a steal if you like wide yoyos.

2 Likes

Alphaline! Really is the ideal bulk string. Bright color, perfect thickness, soft, and lasts forever.

20 Likes